Ceramic Shell Supplier R&R

Discussion in 'link to various suppliers' started by Jason, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Jason

Jason Gold

I have been using Ransom & Randolph FS Suspendaslurry with excellent results. Well, here is how you get your hands on this stuff! https://www.ransom-randolph.com/slurries

Call 800.253.4502 and ask for sales. To run ceramic shell, you will need
    one 5gallon (60lbs) pail of FS Suspendaslurry for non ferrous metals $152.05
    one 55lb bag of Ranco-sil part A (50X100 mesh) $56.25
    one 55lb bag of Ranco-sil part B (30x50 mesh) $53.25

Now for the fun part. All these materials may be picked up free of charge in Maumee, OH or Commerce, CA.
    The 2 bags of silica can also be picked up free of charge in Carrollton, TX. Warehouse address' will be provided to you once you pay over the phone in Ohio. Suspendaslurry is ONLY available in the large drum at the Texas location and 5 gallon pails are still not available as of today. You will need to have the pail shipped to you. Figure about $50 to ship this pail inside the US. R&R is very easy to work with, but I suggest you call and pay a day or two before you plan on picking this stuff up at the warehouses. The warehouse in Texas is just a global shipping collection point for probably a 1000 companies. You will see everything from shoes to busted weedeaters! It's very easy to find, do not use the front door, go around the right side of the building to the RAMP and walk in and find somebody. The Commerce location was a little more tricky to locate, but the folks there were super nice, same thing, just walk into the warehouse and find someone working and they will find your stuff.

Remet is another option in the US and if you want to get ripped off, call shellspen in Venice, florida. Hope this helps someone wanting to try their hand at ceramic shell. Keep in mind, they WILL NOT ship slurry if there is a chance of freezing. I believe that might be the reason the small pail is not stored in the warehouse in Texas, it didn't look to be heated whatsoever. Maybe the drum is harder to freeze? Who knows!

Tobho Mott and Mach like this.
  2. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

Jason likes this.
  3. Jason

Jason Gold

WHOA Jeff... Prices are a bit steep in canadur. That $152 pail is $233 for you! I guess trudeau has to pay for those social programs outta your pocket buddy. Sorry about that!

Nevertheless, thanks for posting that link. R&R from what I hear has distributors pretty much all over the world.

4. JCSalomon

JCSalomon Copper

Most of that will be the exchange rate: $150US = $200CA.

5. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

$33CDN for free health care, I can live with that. :D

Jeff

joe yard likes this.
  6. Jason

Jason Gold

My HC insurance is currently over $1400usd a month! :mad: To those running around with little to no insurance, I say, "Your Welcome!":rolleyes: Before hobocare kicked in, I was paying below $400.:mad:

7. Jason

Jason Gold

WHY THE F do companies insist on SCREWING with me.:( Look at these two buckets. The taller one has a user friendly lid that unscrews. The other is the "new" lid to which I have NO friggen clue how to even get into it. These cheap bastards can't even be bothered to put a label on it. WTF? I pity the poor bastard that answers the phone when I call R&R tomorrow!:mad: I'm pretty sure ass is on the menu for breakfast!

20190519_205805.jpg

Any Idea how to get into one of these??????
    20190519_205825.jpg

8. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Pretty sad day when you cant figure out how to get the lid off a bucket.

9. Jason

Jason Gold

OK wise guy... let me see a picture of the bucket they sent you. There is no tear strip.

10. Jason

Jason Gold

11. DavidF

I figured you would have difficulty since there was no tear strip, thats why i posted the video ;) Now if you did not get that screw top bucket the first time, would you still be complaining ?
    Home depo has screw on bucket lids https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leaktite-5-gal-Screw-Top-Lid-5GAMMA6/203205720

12. Jason

Jason Gold

Yes I would! This bucket was 200bucks delivered. Putting it in a 2dollar bucket is BS. I'll be sure to send R&R a link to this thread. Companies make decisions based on the bottom line and forget those decisions impact real people. Putting this high dollar stuff in a junk bucket is unacceptable.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  13. DavidF

Well its likely that your next bucket will be $220.00 delivered with a screw top lid.;):p
    Its pretty likely that they wont.... My work on the other hand is a distinct possibility :D Lost pla process is more likely to generate higher sales than lost wax in a home buyer market . (Far easier to press the print button than it is to sculpt out wax)

14. Jason

Jason Gold

Hmm... dodging phone calls.. :mad:

15. Take a deep breath, Jason.

16. DavidF

They know his number. :D

17. Jason

Jason Gold

I bought a bucket off zoro... Cost me 26bucks. I'm mailing the bill for it to R&R. Think I'm kidding?????

18. Jason

Jason Gold

Got a call from one of the managers. Good news is they DID NOT change the packaging for suspendaslurry. The bad news is they have no idea whats in the bucket I got. :rolleyes: Glad I didn't open it.
    They are mailing another one and picking this one up...:D Incompetence costs money, I lost 2 weeks and 26bucks. The guy called an hour too late and zoro shipped. Figures.:(

19. DavidF

Sure, send them back the $1500.00 bucket and get a $200.00 bucket instead....sounds like a deal.

20. Jason

Jason Gold

yeah.. I wonder what's in it.o_O They are getting the shipping, that's all I care about.