Pictures not displaying in forum posts ...

Discussion in 'Forum suggestions' started by YakTriangle, Mar 27, 2019.

1. YakTriangle

YakTriangle Copper

Hi,

I need some help please ...

I don't seem to be able to insert pictures in my posts. I'm hosting pictures on my Google drive account and have made them publicly viewable but when I post a link here in the forum I get what looks like a broken link.

Example ...
    [​IMG]

Any ideas please chaps?!

TIA

2. Jammer

Jammer Silver Banner Member

I was having some trouble a while back. That was because Photopuke-it was so messed up. I just started uploading the file at the button to the bottom right. 023.JPG

3. YakTriangle

YakTriangle Copper

Ah brilliant ... now why didn't I notice that button before!!

Thank you Jammer.

weights.jpg

4. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Yeah that's why we made this new forum. We couldn't stand photobucket and Flickr and all the other ones screwing us by ransoming our pictures. Upload directly to the site.

YakTriangle likes this.
  5. It's so easy even I can do it...

YakTriangle likes this.
  6. Jason

Jason Gold

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    joe yard likes this.
  7. I think you messed up, Jason. Parts of my picture are blacked out...

I can't really see her eyes.

Jason likes this.
  8. YakTriangle

YakTriangle Copper

9. Jason

Jason Gold

Damn! Can't a guy get a "like" for a hot chick in a bikini with a fish? Tough crowd these days... I never said I'm the pc type. I'm a beer drinking, ball scratching, meat eating, chick admiring red blooded male! Pretty much a rare breed these days.

10. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

I think you just picked too creepy looking of a fish.

Edit - That thing is a prime example of toxic fishculinity. I bet he's always trying to fishsplain everything.

Jeff

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Jason likes this.
  11. PatJ

PatJ Silver

I for one am highly offended ............by the fish.
    I have done some deep sea fishing, and that is just not the kind of fish I like.
    I prefer sea bass, or a whole lot of other types, but not a strange orange one.
    Deep sea fishing is the best; I would do it every day if I could.
    Oh......now that you mention it, I see there was somebody in the photo........well who cares about that when deep sea fishing is involved?

Petee716 likes this.
  12. Jason

Jason Gold

I'm all about grouper or some big drums.. The problem with west Florida is, it's a 3hr boat ride out to 60ft of water. :( So I say screw it and stick to flicking shrimp under the mangroves in search of Mr Snook. Nothing like a snook. Getting rare these days. Heres a picture of a snook for those that have never seen one. It's an awesome fighter and the taste is amazing.:D

e644c64a9da4d11156a83d8b678063a6.jpg

And dont forget this FAT tasty barnacle eating machine. The sheephead! He's got a mouth full of molars, but takes a small hook and live shrimp. Found by pilings.

02-11-17-AM-0006.jpg

YakTriangle and Tobho Mott like this.
  13. YakTriangle

YakTriangle Copper

@Jason There you go chap, have a like ... more for hijacking this thread than anything else but I'm not complaining on this occasion.

Nice snook by the way ...

... the fish looks pretty good too!!

14. Jason

Jason Gold

I can hijack em with the best of them! Looks like the photo function works good. Nothing wrong with testing the forum.

Ya see, when Photofuket pretty much screwed guys that were hosting photos there overnight demanded 300+ bucks A YEAR, lots of forums lost valuable photos placed in threads. So, David put this site together that allows us to chip in $$ to help offset expenses and safe guard photos locally for future fish lovers. That's what banner member means by our names. If you are going to cast hot metal, a few bucks to the site pays dividends in knowledge. Best investment I've made in my metal casting so far. These threads without pictures are useless without them. Yup, even hot chicks in bikinis holding a fish.;)

15. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

What fish?? I didnt see any fish??? :rolleyes: :p

16. It smelled like fish...

17. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Id rather see how it tastes....:D

18. Jason

Jason Gold

Teach a man to fish........:D

19. PatJ

PatJ Silver

High maintenance fish......

20. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

I get on a deep sea boat every chance I get.

I do most of my posting either on iPad or phone and even before PB pulled their shenanigans posting pictures from there was a PITA. Direct upload makes it way easier. It would have been nice if these improvements could have been implemented on AA to the satisfaction of the majority of active membership, but it wasn't. Much to the detriment of both sites.

Pete