Help needed with foundry filters i have acquired ???

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by FoundryFlounder, Apr 29, 2019.

1. I deal in bulk goods and recently came across a large number of Salee foam ceramic filters that are used in metal foundrys. The problem is, I know NOTHING about metal foundrys, or how to move these things....lol
    I would love to chat with someone who can give me some information on these things about who uses them and such so that I can move these. I am willing to make someone an incredible deal on these, and will possibly deliver them as well. What i do know is they are all neatly wrapped on a pallet and the boxes say IC55551513 and that they are 55x55x13mm. Could someone please PM with any info you have on these? Thank you for any help.....

Attached Files:

2. dkmc

dkmc Lead

They don't look super heavy, I'd think you could move them with a hand truck.

3. oh sorry....I meant get rid of them as in sell them....lol
    I dont have any idea how to sell them as I dont even know what they are used for....lol

4. dkmc

dkmc Lead

I know.........I was just being sarcastic. I don't have a clue what they are used for either.

5. lol....10/4

6. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

They're used for filtering molten metal in casting molds. You need to take a better picture of the box so the manufacture's part number can be read. They come in different sizes, materials, and pore sizes for different applications. How many filters box? How many boxes do you have?

Best,
    Kelly

7. about 40 boxes
    Ill have to check and see how many pieces come in a box, but its a ton of them. The box says pore size is 15
    thank you for your help!!!!!

8. Jammer

Jammer Silver Banner Member

Your here too. This is what I posted on AA and found the website.

Yes, they are metal filters. I have a few and I think some others here have used them. Do you have any idea what type of foundry they came from, Aluminum, Iron, Brass... etc.? They look like the ones I have and they were for Iron. Where are you located, might make a big difference about anyone interested in these. How many are in a case and what other items did you pick up.

https://selee.com/foundry

9. LOL....trying to get help anywhere i can. I just want to get these moved and save someone some money at the same time!!! lol
    I will deliver them if needed. I know they are not cheap and I have a lifetime supply...lol

10. I have 24,576 pieces total.....lol
    all in original packing and in perfect condition.....

11. Jammer

12. Jammer....Thank you Sir!!!
    I am trying to figure out who in the world uses filters like this. I have a ton of them to sell, but dont know where to start....lol
    Anyways...Thanks again!!!

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  13. Jammer

You could call the manufacturer and get additional info. Most of the time salespeople are very helpful. Maybe someone here will want some but you have so many, maybe try to contact some local foundries.

https://selee.com/foundry

14. 10/4.......Thanks Jammer