I graduated today

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Zapins, May 11, 2019.

1. Zapins

Zapins Gold

I graduated today. Officially Dr. Zappy zap zap now. :) packed up my apartment with the help of family and will drive everything over to NJ tomorrow morning. I am exhausted. Who knew I had so much shit.

2. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

"Whats up doc" :D

3. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Congrats Doc!

4. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

Major Accomplishment! Way to go!

Denis

5. PatJ

PatJ Silver

Way to go !
    I have heard that doctorhood can be a long and difficult road, so hats off to you for surviving that.

6. Congratulations! Internship now? I bet you'll have a lot more time for casting now!:D

Say, I've got this pain in my side...

7. Jason

Jason Gold

Congrats man! What are you specializing in?

8. Congratulations! it takes talent, tenacity and focus to complete such a degree successfully. You should be justifiably proud of your efforts.

9. Petee716

It's always been a mystery to me that someone in medical school could find the time to be as productive as you are in your efforts in sculpting and metal casting. Your friends and family must know you as a very busy man!

Pete

10. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Congrats Zap....long haul and great accomplishment.

Best,
    Kelly

11. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Thanks guys! I can't believe 5 years went by so quick. I'm happy it's done but still have 3 more to go before I practice on my own. I'm going in to internal medicine with an eye on becoming a doc that works in a hospital (hospitalist), not out patient clinics. The schedule is good for them. Work 12 hr shifts for 7 days straight then 7 days off straight. So I basically get 6 months a year off but still get paid normal doc salary. It will give me a lot of time for family and projects in my off weeks.

I have a break for a few weeks before I start so I'm going to try get as much hobbying done as I can until I get sucked under. Also need go rent a storage place for my tools/furnace/equipment for the next 3 to 4 years. Any ideas what will cost the least in the NJ/phily area? I need a 10x15' space minimum. I'm finding about 150/mo on average?

12. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

I thought maybe you'd be going into plastic surgery! ;-)

Denis

13. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Would be nice, I could use a face lift..:rolleyes:

14. joe yard

joe yard Silver

Congratulations Zappins!

15. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Its because they break our sense of what normal is until we don't feel comfortable until every waking minute is packed with some task or activity.

Haha melterskelter only facelift I can give you is a sculpture facelift in bronze, like my avatar!

Thanks joe!

16. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Congraduations... :D Way to go Zap!

Jeff

17. Al Puddle

Al Puddle Silver

I wonder if you could buy a semi-trailer. Park it. Possibly rent billboard space to pay for any parking fees, registration, etc. When you have your new space, just unload the trailer.

18. Some Youtube maker people have been getting chased out of Philadelphia rental properties by gentrification so I expect it'll be expensive there.

19. Jammer

Jammer Silver Banner Member

Zapp.jpg

Congratulations Zap.. I mean Doctor Zappy Zap Zap! Will that fit on your smock?
    Yea, That won't bother any patients. :D

oldironfarmer and Petee716 like this.
  20. Petee716

I bought a utility trailer 8x14 with a ramp/back door. I mostly use it as a shed for my little tractor but I keep registered and inspected for other uses. I bought it from my neighbor for 1800. No real maintenance, not an eyesore, and no bullshit from neighbors or inspectors.

joe yard likes this.