Free kilns...could be used for furnaces

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by Lou, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Lou

Lou Copper

I have some very large (by my standards anyways) furnaces that could be used for bail out style furnaces. I believe they're made out of insulating kiln brick, 2600F. They range in size from 30" across by 20-30" deep to 60" across by 30-40" deep.

They do not have lids like you'd think. The outer casing is either SS304, SS309 or one of them is inconel 625. They are very well built and were resistance heated.

Free for pickup in Akron, OH. Forklift and dock on site. The smallest of these is probably 1100 lbs, the biggest, probably 4K.

I'll get pictures this week.

KARLA ELY likes this.
  2. Lou

Lou Copper

There's more than 7 of them. I'll try and get some more details as time allows.

3. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Pictures please!!

4. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Sounds very interesting.

5. crazybillybob

crazybillybob Silver Banner Member

Akron is right up the road from me!! I've got a trailer that will handle the littler units... but nothing that will do 4k for long. Color me very interested.

6. Zapins

Zapins Gold

If I were closer... my new house's garage needs filling with better tools!

7. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Careful what you wish for! Lol!

8. Lou

Lou Copper

Please see attached

Attached Files:

9. Lou

Lou Copper

Ten of them. I went down there with a 52 blood sugar so I apologize for bad photos. I had to get back to the main plant and get some juice right quick. Believe four with 20”ID with 32-36” depths. Three that are smaller, 12-18” ID with 22-26” depths.

the big ones, I’m guessing 48-60” deep by 36” diameter. Probably best to use those if you’re into heat treating.

10. Lou

Lou Copper

Just figured I'd let you all know that these are now gone.

Some went to glass artists, one got turned into a pizza oven, one into a big furnace for melting aluminum.

11. Mark Rand

Mark Rand Copper

All the fun of diabetes!