Tapatalk?

Discussion in 'Forum suggestions' started by Red97, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Red97

Red97 Copper

Any way to get the forum to use Tapatalk?

I use it on all the other forums, makes picture sharing fast/easy.

Main reason I use it. Since the photobucket deal.

Just curious.

2. Zapins

Zapins Gold

That's why we moved to this forum - so we can upload pics directly to this site and not rely on external sites to host.

3. Jason

Jason Gold

Ya see Red.. We couldn't chip in money over at AA and we wanted to be able to... The money finances storage and helps fund the site. Photos nice and safe here and photobucket can go get bent. ;)

Red97 likes this.
  4. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Were looking into the tap talk....

Red97 likes this.
  5. DavidF

Red97, are you having issues loading pics with your phone??
    What phone are you using??
    This forum software is supposed to work without neededing tap talk.
    Just hit upload file button and select your photo on your phone... 20180128_140736.jpg

6. Red97

Red97 Copper

No real issues, just twice as long if not more upload time with my crappy wifi. Even if using good 4g signal

I realize the issue is on my end, was just curious. Obviously if it is cost prohibiting than I have no problem using the site as is.

I only use the tapatalk for picture posting, use the online/browser version for looking At threads/ text reply.

I only have my phone/tablet. No laptop or desktop.

Just a speed thing, on my Wi-Fi I guess. That was a quick upload on 4g 20180127_111740.jpg

7. OCD

OCD Silver

I've tried uploading pics from my iPhone 7 and it always tells me files are too large.

8. Red97

Red97 Copper

I'm using a galaxy s8, never says anything about file size.

Jason likes this.
  9. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Hmm usually tells me my files are too big. I have an S5

10. Jason

Jason Gold

S8+ working good here. I went through a period where I had to back the size down. But okay these days. If you android guys need a decent ap, look for Photo Resizer. It's free and easy.

Red97 likes this.
  11. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Waiting for the s9 release. Hopefully it has a flat screen. I can't handle the curved smashable one. I drop mine all the time.

12. Jason

Jason Gold

Been lucky with mine so far. Stuck one of those 30dollar soft plastic covers on the face. It's saved me many times. For the rest of it, my phone is in an otter box. It's taken a few hits and I cringe everytime.

13. OCD

OCD Silver

I'm HARSH on phones.

Mines got a HD silicone rubber bumper car seal and 6061-T6 aluminum aircraft case wrapped around it.

Not intentionally but I've dropped it and accidentally kicked it across the driveway, garage and LR once or twice.
    That case is almost indestructible.
    Only sucky thing about it is when I try to use the speaker on calls people complain they can hardly hear me.
    That option works great when the wife calls, can't hear ya dear, by. :D

14. _Jason

_Jason Silver

Be careful with Tapatalk. They might inadvertantly reformat the web version of the forum to better suite their app usage. Something like that happened to a firearms forum I used to visit recently and the tribe over there is fairly peeved about it.

Also, Tapatalk works great!! on my phone but their desktop app is positively awful.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Red97 likes this.
  15. DavidF

If you dont want ads on the tap talk its like $10.00 a month... I hate ads!! Just going to leave things alone.....

Clay, Jason and Red97 like this.