How to become a Banner Member

Discussion in 'Support the forum by becoming a Banner Member' started by DavidF, Sep 1, 2017.

1. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

To become a banner member you must first be registered on the forum. Then simply click this link. http://forums.thehomefoundry.org/index.php?account/upgrades

Or go to your username in the upper right and hover over it for the drop down box to appear and select user upgrades
    [​IMG]

You will be given the choice of either showing your support for a full year, or on a monthly basis.
    Charges are not recurring, when your membership expires you will need to subscribe again. If there is a lapse in your subscription your information will not be lost, removed, or deleted. Simply resubscribe to continue to get the perks that comes with your subscription.
    [​IMG]

What you get as a banner member.....
    A nifty banner showing your support. Access to the newly created media gallery where you can create your own personal album.
    The ability to post in the members arena
    As well as other things Im still working on.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Gavin likes this.
  2. OCD

OCD Silver

Just a friendly thought here and a mild suggestion.

From a individual observation and thinking of how others may see the red "Premium Member " banner.
    Might I suggest the banner be replaced with maybe a little gold crucible or furnace under the members avatar and next to their screen name for a Premium Supporter and possibly a lit burner for a monthly Donations Supporter?

Not everybody has extra cash they can put towards donating or supporting the forum even if it's only once a month or once a year ordeal and that's fine.

I hope to think we welcome any and all people to become a part of the forum and metallurgy family of casting regardless if they can financially pitch in or not.

With that said,
    I just feel from an individuals perspective of somebody that can't financial chip in or donate to the forum, the red "Premium Member" banner is a little clichéd and so seemingly makes the supporting members look like they're above all other's, to put it mildly.
    Guess what I'm trying to say here is it makes it look like the financially supporting members are a clique.

And when this is perceived, people have the tendency to say, Why Both.

Just want what's best for the future growth of the forum and all the members or possible future members to come.

Does anybody else want to voice their opinion on this subject?

3. DavidF

Changing the banner to a furnace or other gif is above my programming skills.
    But i can easily change the color and text....

4. PatJ

PatJ Silver

I run and exercise a lot.
    Can you change my banner to read "Athletic Supporter"?

(Just a little casting humor, its all good.)

5. OCD

OCD Silver

Humbly requesting mine be changed to....... [​IMG]
    :D

6. DavidF

Better?? Yes no???

7. PatJ

PatJ Silver

I like it.

8. DavidF

The forum is open to all, and all are welcome here.

I started this forum with intentions of keeping it running forever. There is nothing worse than posting your projects on to a forum for years, then one day having it just disappear on you. I have personally had this happen to me.

The reason for creating a banners members arena was to get help with the costs of hosting the forum and offer something special to the ones who donated. This area is visible to all, registered, unregistered, and banner members. However only banner members can post in it. All other areas can be posted in by any registered member.

I created the forum to promote the hobby of metalcasting and wanted to keep the site specifically that. However our members have very diverse skill sets and i did not want to deny them an area where they could post their latest endevors with a bit of privacy..
    But having these off topic areas open to all could potentially generate unwanted posts, traffic, and disk space usage.

More to come....

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  9. OCD

OCD Silver

MUCH BETTER!!! <Thumbs Up>

LOL
    When I first glanced at the modified banner, I thought it said "Banned Member". [​IMG]

Yes, I think this lil laughing dude is quite hilarious when appropriately displayed. :D

10. OCD

OCD Silver

Another question here, [​IMG]
    Just curious but why do we have another identical thread below?

11. DavidF

Because people are blind sometimes..
    Lol

12. OCD

OCD Silver

I see, or rather don't........
    Picking on us handicap peoples with old eyes or 1 eye ball.

Something like...... Hire the handicap, their fun to watch???

You do realize we're probably going to hell for that, right? ;)

13. DavidF

Ohhh... maybe, once they see what i just did to someone :rolleyes:

14. OCD

OCD Silver

Mum

15. OCD

OCD Silver

TOOO Damn Funny

I nominate you for the Administrator of the year Award.

16. DavidF

The suspense is killing me!!

17. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

BA-HA-Ha-ha! Good one. :)
    I like the new banner.

Jeff

18. DavidF

Im setting a bad example...:(:(

19. Jason