Banner Member privileges

Discussion in 'Forum suggestions' started by J.Vibert, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Regarding political talk, I believe it has to be eliminated because, like race, everyone is different and have different views but can still enjoy melting metal. Some of those who don't agree with me in political areas may actually be able to do great castings. It slips in pretty easily, especially discussing things like "all products from China are junk (my computer excepted)" or "You can't do a good job if you don't use American made tools". Obviously the guys in other countries have their own opinions. I'm pretty sure we won't settle anything here other than alienate some great craftsmen who disagree.

joe yard likes this.
  2. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

I found my alert in the alerts box. Happy birthday THF, and thanks to those who keep the wheels turning!

Pete

3. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Indeed. Big thanks to David for taking it on.

Best,
    Kelly

4. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

On the subject of off topic or any-thing-goes section, it wasn't an error of omission when the site was created. The purpose and content forum and subforums were thoughtfully considered and decided. Though some forums do have those sections, I've never seen a single good thing come from it........but there are plenty of places to engage in those discussions, just not here.

Thanks to all for your past and ongoing support of THF.

Best,
    Kelly

5. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

AA lost alot of valuable members from stupid bickering, rants, politics, and chest pounding. Even if we had an area where only banner members could view and comment, chances are someone would still wind up getting upset by things stated there. I think its better left alone...

6. Jason

Jason Gold

People today wear their heart on their shoe strings. They are incapable of rational discussions so they resort to anger, bitterness and then silencing you because you dont agree with them. Funny, I see that every day on TV!
    Sky screaming starts at sunset for those unable to cope with reality. :D

7. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

Like I said, it was just a thought. Thanks for the explanation.

Jeff