Vontorne Muller

Discussion in 'Sand Mullers' started by chucketn, Apr 7, 2019.

1. chucketn

chucketn Copper

Has anyone improved on the Vontorne muller? I want to add a wheel, or maybe 2, to improve its function. I’ve seen some home made mullers with cast aluminum wheels. Will an aluminum wheel be of sufficient weight to do the job?

Chuck

2. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

3. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

4. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

the converted Cement Mixer is just so Much simpler then the Vontorne muller, the entire drive system is Done , a Wheel, some scrapers, and you are mulling , or you can go even easier and simply drop a steel shot putt into a cement mixer and get a ball mill... QED, there are at least 3 of the Converted Cement Mixers out there it was not My idea, I stole it from someone, I did it simpler using a Harbor Freight wheel , mine is something like 7 years old i use it almost every week with 2000 Lbs of petrobond , I have changed the wheel twice, like $12 at Harbor freight ( sand ate the Bearings) if you go over to AA and see My build you will note I never thought it would hold up, and it is still chugging one... probably the only thing I have bought from Harbor Freight and not had to Scrap or return

V/r HT1

5. chucketn

chucketn Copper

I found the AA thread. going to read it through a couple of times.
    So, basically it's a small HF cement mixer and a 6" pneumatic tire? How about the scraper? Got a sketch of that?
    Chuck

6. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

_Jason and Tobho Mott like this.