Newbie from UK

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Kris, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Kris

Kris Lead

Hello All
    Newbie here. I'm hoping this is the place where I can get all of the info regarding alyminial and lost wax casting.
    Cheers

2. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Hi kris, your in a great place to start :)

3. rocco

rocco Silver

Hi Kris, welcome, you're in the place, some of the people here are doing very interesting stuff with lost wax and everyone is willing to help you out so don't be afraid to ask questions, even ones you think might seem stupid. Also, check out the forums at Alloyavenue.com, those forums aren't as active as they once were but they've got a tons of great info too.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  4. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Yup, what they said... Welcome to the forum!

Jeff

5. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome Kris. Happy to have you here.

Best,
    Kelly

6. Jason

Jason Gold

Kris, you won't find a better bunch on the net for this stuff. The guys here live for casting. ALL forms of casting are done here and many of these guys earn a living pouring hot metal.
    This is a learned skill that takes patience, determination and study. Figure out what your goal is be it art castings, machinery, jewelry etc. Then your method will follow suit. You said lost wax casting. (that's my forte) Your goal will help you nail down a process for that lost wax work. Small intricate stuff points you toward solid block investment casting and large sculpture stuff means ceramic shell. The pouring of the metal is really only about 10% of lost wax casting.

So whatcha wanna make out of aluminium????
    Welcome aboard!