Bridge buckles needed for leather bags

Discussion in 'Request casting service' started by Jeremy Petty, Nov 14, 2018.

1. I make leather goods and need about 10 bridge buckles out of brass. I've run out of options as the cheap alloy buckles from China are the only ones i can source now. For reference:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/229012878/bridge-buckle-screw-belt-buckle-strap
    https://emmalinebags.com/products/bridge-connector-1-1-4-wide-in-gold-finish

The classic shape is more like the second link, the size needed is like the first. It needs it to accommodate a 1-1/4" strap inside the buckle and have a method of attachment. Tapped holes and backing plate are the easiest to work with.

Any thoughts? Am I even in the right forum? I know a lot about leather, very little about metal working.

2. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

You've come to the right place for castings, but looking at the pictures you linked there is alot more going on than just the casting to get to the finished part..

3. Patrick-C

Patrick-C Silver

Could be me depending.
    Patrick

4. Finding the right hardware can be a bit of a challenge sometimes, especially if you're looking for something specific, like brass buckles.

5. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Silver

There are enough solid brass buckles online to choose from. First, we need to see the buckle you want to use. That will make a difference on how it can be attached. This is an example of a buckle that could be attached with rivets. A little more elaborate than a single point attachment, which I think you're looking for. The definition bridge bucket threw me at first. You might need to do some soldering. Think it could be fashioned from a piece of sheet brass. View attachment 23316 , hope this pic posted. next post

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
  6. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Silver

7. Jammer

Jammer Silver Banner Member

Well, I was going to tell him that some Amish in eastern Ohio are casting Brass horse harness fittings. But he hasn't been back here since he posted in 2018.