Bob is back!

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Jason, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

I completely agree Mark. He may be a Campbell disciple but he's certainly not the personality I'd choose to be the ambassador of the theory. I like many aspects of Campbell's teachings but think some BiFilm theory claims can be a bit of over reach. Much of the 10 rules have been practiced for a long time. I like the naturally pressurized runner system and offset pouring basins.

I can honestly say I've seen benefits after going away from conical pouring cups that aspirate air to offset pouring basins. Beyond that, as a lost foam caster, I can't benefit fully from the rest of a naturally pressurized feed system, spin traps, trident gates, etc, because my feed rates aren't paced by gravity. When it comes to hydrogen porosity and BiFilm theory, I also think they invoke Fick's law when it suits them and ignore it when it doesn't.

It's great to intellectualize it all but as hobbyist you have to ask yourself how much sense it makes to go to such lengths in a feed system if you're going to melt trash scrap full of tramp metals and who knows what else.

Best,
    Kelly

2. Al2O3

Well, what do you know? He did finally add a new video. I take back what I said above. The guy is a total nut job and his channel content has little to do with casting. He is a much less impressive philosopher than metal caster. Unsubscribed!

Best,
    Kelly

3. Peedee

Peedee Silver

Well I had to check it out and... well.. I thought I was screwed up!

4. Jason

Jason Gold

Wow! He does have a pretty tall soap box and a severely over inflated ego. And in my line of work, we wrote the book on egos! I can do without his theory on life, I just wanna see some of this casting.

Why did he pull his videos last time? Whatever reason that was... I'm betting this out come will be no different. o_O

5. Al2O3

I don't know but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say he posted a video like that last one (maybe even that very vid?), someone reported it and YouTube took it down, pissed him off, so he deleted everything.

Just a guess.......or maybe prediction ;)

Best,
    Kelly

6. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

He took them down because I saw he was purging his molds with inert gas...;):eek::D