Refractory materials

Discussion in 'link to various suppliers' started by DavidF, May 17, 2019.

1. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

2. Has least expensive ceramic wool I've seen yet. Rated for 2600 F. $95 for 1" x 24" x 25 '. Of course shipping is roughly $30 to $40. Will have to go with these guys if my local supplier can't get act together enough for me to buy from them. I can get similar for about $105 and no shipping.

https://www.ceramaterials.com/ceramic-fiber-blanket/

3. Jason

Jason Gold

Bentation Funkiloglio likes this.
  4. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

I’ve bought Satanite several times and Bubble Alumina from HighTempTools. Reasonable prices, prompt shipping. Will buy from them again.

Denis

Bentation Funkiloglio and dtsh like this.
  5. Jammer

Jammer Silver Banner Member

6. My local source flaked out in me, so ended up calling ceramaterials and ordering ceramic fiber blanket. Ordered this afternoon around 4pm. UPS tracker says that it will arrive tomorrow. Not bad. $95 for 2600 F fiber blanket, 1" x 24" x 25'. $35 or thereabouts for delivery for UPS ground.

Will try them again at some point.

7. Jason

Jason Gold

95bucks?? for 2600? Someone F'd up. $95 is the standard rate for 2300f at those dimensions. You got a deal as it should be around $160.
    Order a few more boxes before they get a clue then sell it to the suckers on fleabay.;)

8. rocco

rocco Silver

On the Ceramaterials website the 2300° 6lbs blanket is $59.00 for a 1"x24"x25' roll. To my knowledge, that's best price anywhere. I wonder what it would cost to ship into Canada?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  9. No, that's the price. Check out website. Company also sells on Amazon, but not Amazon prime. Also, delivery was super fast. I ordered around 4pm on Friday. Was delivered less than 24 hrs later. This is using UPS Ground shipping. Crazy, right?

On delivery, I just got lucky with routes. Company has a distribution center in PA. I live in MD, a couple hundred miles away. UPS route is pretty much a direct shot.

I think that they manufacture the blanket themselves. Several people on Amazon who buy in bulk from these folks and then cut-up and resell smaller pieces.

10. Website claims that they have distro centers in US and Canada. If you go to online store (linked from company website), you can find shipping rates by adding product to cart and starting checkout process.

11. Jason

Jason Gold

That's a really good price. I bought a box of kaowool and went with the 2300 because it was quite a bit cheaper. The outside of my furnace gets around 400 when I'm running it. Live and learn:oops:

12. rocco

rocco Silver

Thanks, I did that just now, cheapest shipping method is the $119 shipping and it's via UPS as are all of the shipping methods they offer. I absolutely refuse to accept international packages from UPS for anything valued over $20, their brokerage fees are highway robbery and to add insult to injury, our government applies sales taxes to the brokerage fees :mad: so by the time I got it, the total cost would be close to $400 Cdn. That's a no-go, I'm quite sure I could do better than that!

13. Might be that company's regional reps have more shipping options than online store.

The company has regional sales reps in US. My guess is the same is true for Canada given that it has distro centers in Canada, at least according to website. I'll send a note to my guy. If there is a Canadian rep, he should have contact info.

Update: there is a Canadian rep, but they only do sales and wouldn't be able to offer anything different. Sorry.

14. rocco

rocco Silver

Fortunately for me, there is no shortage of refractory manufacturers and supplies in my area, Thermal Ceramic, Harbinson Walker and Vesuvius are all within a half hour drive for me, not to mention numerous resellers so finding something when I need it shouldn't be much of a problem.

15. dennis

dennis Silver

High temp Inc, in Portland - as is la Grand industrial, and a few other places...

16. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

La Grand is no more. Their inventory was purchased by OCL in Portland.

Denis

17. dennis

dennis Silver

Didn't know that. OCL is about 5 miles from where I live. Probably going to double the price of everything...