Hi metal casters!

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Quibriya Gulam, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Hi

I have recently got into metal casting (aluminium). I have a resin and FDM 3d printer. I'm into archery, airguns and just getting into airsoft and believe casting will serve me quite well with the three hobbies.

Qyuubi786

2. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Welcome! It sounds like you have the equipment and the goals. I'm anxious to see your progress.

Pete

Quibriya Gulam likes this.
  3. dtsh

dtsh Silver

Welcome,

Casting is a handy skillset for the creative.

Quibriya Gulam likes this.
  4. I was planning to do some casting this weekend going, but this heat wave threw a spanner in the that plan! :(

I tried to cast a thumbring for archery a few weeks back, but some parts of it are quite thin and the aluminium cools too quickly. I would need one of those vacuum casting machines... For now I'll be turning my 3d printed parts for my airgun into casted aluminium parts. Once this heat wave subsides. :rolleyes:

5. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Which Enfield are you from?

6. The one in London.

7. Jason

Jason Gold

Heatwave? What was it? 75? It was 110 here last week! THAT WAS HOT!

8. It was around 94 (34 C). In the UK we don't usually get it that hot!

9. Jason

Jason Gold

94 is pretty hot for you guys. I bet the pensioners were dropping like flys.

10. Peedee

Peedee Silver

Another few months and we'll be moaning about an inch of snow :)

Welcome from Suffolk Quibriya. I used to spend a lot of money in the mini shop in Enfield, now sadly gone.