Members video channels

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Jason, Dec 10, 2017.

1. rocco

rocco Silver

John, some pretty interesting stuff on that YouTube page, you should go back to your introduction post and tell us a bit about yourself and what you do.

2. LJLundgren

LJLundgren Copper

I’m very new to casting and new to you tube. I’m a big fan of Alec Steel and he kind of inspired me to make a you tube channel.

Here is one of me casting a bear sculpture.
    Making a Bronze Grizzly Part 4: The Casting

Jason and DavidF like this.
  3. Jason

Jason Gold

Glad to see you made it here Lucas. This is the best forum on the net for metal casting. We are a very active and highly opinionated bunch. Keep up the good work!

4. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

My most recent video,, I was encouraging that molten Brass to fill that last mold

5. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

That almost always works. Telling it to stop leaking, even sternly, never works.

6. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

sooner of later there will be a video of me standing on top of a mold to stop a runout

rocco, Tobho Mott and FishbonzWV like this.
  7. rocco

rocco Silver

New video channel idea! "Casting bloopers and blunders".

8. Petee716

Last time I had a runout while pouring I asked my buddy to put his foot on it while I was finishing the pour. He wasn't interested.

Tobho Mott likes this.
  9. FishbonzWV

FishbonzWV Silver Banner Member

I've had a foot on one flask holding it closed while I was pouring another mold. o_O

10. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

here is my newestg video covering my imersion Pyrometer , in simple detail

V/r HT1

11. Thanks for the info. I just made one using an Omega thermocouple however I had to machine a few graphite sleeves for the tip to protect the probe from dissolving away. This seems like a much better set up. How quickly after you immerse the probe does it give you a steady reading? Mine takes about 10-15 seconds.

-Seth

12. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

Probably a touch longer, I preheat it out of the metal as long as possible, just hang the probe tip at the side of the furnace vent till it gets about 100° below your pouring temp, then dip Just the tip of the thermocouple into the metal (But be sure it gets below any Slag ) , remeber while the Thermocouple is hot it it fragile, so no dropping or banging, and keep it downhill

V/r HT1

13. Patrick-C

Patrick-C Silver

Hey! I am back after nine months of absence. And I just published my latest video. In this video I make over 300 pounds of foundry green sand, and even with the muller it is an energy sucker.

Cheers, Patrick

Tobho Mott likes this.
  14. OMM

OMM Silver

Patrick, interesting. Nice set up. Your original screening... How fine is it?

15. Patrick-C

Patrick-C Silver

Yes, my original screening. And to how fine it is, I will have to check.:)
    Patrick

16. Petee716

Nice job Patrick. That muller is pretty nice. I built the same style. Yours is a lot spiffy-er looking than mine but it works quite well for greensand. And yes, a shear pin AND a slipping belt are imperative as mentioned in the comments!

Pete

Patrick-C and Tobho Mott like this.
  17. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

I can't see a Vontorne muller without thinking of Pete's pic of his, after it got jammed and tore itself a new one! :eek::D

Jeff

Patrick-C likes this.
  18. Dude Please do! I Just found you today on the forum by recognizing the Megalodon tooth in you profile picture. You put out some great quality stuff that guided me before I found this place. Glad you've joined as well.

19. Thank you, I'm glad you like them and found them helpful. I will be posting more videos soon.