Minilathe Overhaul and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Other metal working projects' started by Rotarysmp, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Rotarysmp

Rotarysmp Silver

I just uploaded E33...

Enjoy.

2. Rotarysmp

Rotarysmp Silver

I finshed the cnc control panel...

... next I need to install it and get it wired up.
    Mark

3. Rotarysmp

Rotarysmp Silver

Episode 35 also has a cameo from my Maho 400E CNC mill.

Mark

4. Rotarysmp

Rotarysmp Silver

Episode 36 is also now up.

Enjoy,
    Mark

5. Rotarysmp

Rotarysmp Silver

Getting closer to the end of this project now...

Mark

6. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Looks like the home stretch Mark. That's quite the project. I realize it's enjoyable, and maybe you don't keep track of time, but how many hours would you estimate having invested.

Best,
    Kelly

7. Rotarysmp

Rotarysmp Silver

I hate to think. I would esimate that 8 hours per week all this year, so it mst be up around 500H (that is without the video editing, which would be as much again). Terrible idea. I should have dumped it and got a real CNC lathe from the start :)

8. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

And what would be the fun in that??

9. Peedee

Peedee Silver

We wouldn't have the fun in watching you put it together! I look forward to the updates.

10. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

If you were going to make a living with it.....for sure. There are many things worth doing that are financially worth doing......if you have the time. Plus, they are huge learning experiences and you literally know the machine inside and out when you're done. I can think of tons of things that I have done with great pleasure that I could never have done profitably, like classic car restoration, building track cars/cycles, machine restoration.....etc, but you also would never have the experience of enjoying the use of the fruits of you labor. -Place a value on that!

Best,
    Kelly

11. Rotarysmp

Rotarysmp Silver

....I would die of starvation for sure. This weeks video is the evidence. I must be the lamest machinist ever :)

You are right. I do this stuff for fun, and to keep my mind busy.
    Mark

12. Rotarysmp

Rotarysmp Silver

I couldn't leave the robots v humans at

Robots 1 : Humans 0

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020