Buy a house?

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Zapins, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Zapins

Zapins Gold

I was actually just being a straight moron. I had just cut through some sand covered scrap metal and was wondering if the blade had dulled so I lightly touched it with my thumb. Somehow it grabbed my thumb and pulled it down into the piece I was cutting. My thumb jammed the blade and stopped the motor. I have no idea how my thumb managed to stop the 1.5 hp motor. Maybe the blade hit the bone? I'm not sure. It sure bled a lot. Lots of blood all over the floor towards the bathroom. 1 star experience, would not recommend. Hopefully it doesn't get infected. I shudder to think of the bacteria I could pick up working at the hospital.

2. Peedee

Peedee Silver

I'm not sure what to say to that, I'm fairly sure you won't do it again.

Get it looked after.

3. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

I'm pretty sure the bandsaw is possessed and out to get you. Call a priest and have him perform an exorcism...

4. Peedee

Peedee Silver

I'd forgotten it fell on you during the build, I'm with David!

I didn't mean to be critical we've all done daft things just some are more painful than others!

5. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Hmmmm. That's right this is twice now its made an attempt on me. I'll have to come up with a way to remind myself of the dangers.

I managed to build a second box. I saw some miracle grow 0.75 cu ft for 1.98$ each at home depot. Maybe lowes will match it so it is closer to drive and pick up?

20210412_101000.jpg

6. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

7. My son is out looking for a house to buy in Australia's 2nd largest city,f@*k me,at auctions there going 60k above there quoted prices..

his mother inlaw whent with him & her daughter last weekend & was elbowing my son in the side to bid more,more more -

my son & his mrs have a set limit they where sticking too,my mrs told me days later the mother in law had brought au$50k in her hand bag, WTF!,

No wonder she was bid more more more,where as she offver the kids( 25 & 23) a $100k interests free loan,but her daughter has said no ! ,

as it will be a nag point for years & years to come from her mum..her mum paid cash for my sons mrs new $20k car ie hand bang full of cash must of spun the caryard dude out..

(& yet my sons mrs was freaked out that am a pothead- her perants are supper straight,but so is my son )

& this is my home made medical marijuana chocolate...
    Screenshot_20210312-113205_Telegram.jpg

Harhar where as my mrs is a accountant & is giving positive feed back & info to our son & his mrs,

me I finely had enough banked to buy out right (f@*k bank loans)- you need a steading job for 30 years..

,yeah right with every thing made in chaina & their prez for life bragging "I'm going to bring all my peasant (op's citizens) out of poverty- by 2021..

yeah right! @ the expense of our children's working future )

the world poverty freesh hold is us$3.50 a day
    chaina's at about us$3.75 a day average..ebay from chaina? give em cr@p feed back..& if you do buy chinese,your helping paying for their next aircraft carrier, (harhar their 1st one sank)

so I'd go a country farm house/ old bush church /or school house-

harhar the school house I wanted was in a town called 'Speed' in woopwoop Victoria maybe a dozen houses a roadhouse & as my daughter pointed out these's a copshop two doors down,

Dad!
    Don't live next to a police station in a tiny town was my 16year olds advice!.,,skip to the end of the post to see my hobby problem ..

But still it had a post office so anything I cast & sell would have a proudly "make in Speed" cast into said product-you guys in the usa have a town called Speed too!,I google earth it & lol it had the hillbilly junkyard neighbours

(Hay I'd fit in with my blacksmiths pile of scap steel, old 77 F100 n shipping container & stuff ;)...

So getting back to the hillbilly neighbours, I told my son for the next house auction pay a neighbour to crank up their stereo & through beer cans on /out their front door/get their freinds to do burn outs !

made my son lol..my mrs just gave me a lecture..(accountants!)

Anyway am doing chemo so why bother buying my countryside retreat,I 'v rented or squatted in old farm houses allmost all my life,well untill kids came along,

(& yes I'v asked the owner if I can live in their unused farm house (where as their only interested in farming the land around it & when they find out your a semi truck n tractor driver, & they get my loubour at harvest time for free win,win for everyone !

( but my mrs is terrified I'd buy some sort of "green acres" farm house to see out my/our days)

Where as we still rent but the propertys worth 3/4 to $1million pluse,so renting dose give you a way nicer place to live,than what a morgage repayment is,

but yeah its dead money..but we do get million $ veiws..

we are on a 450mtr/1476 ft
    Escarpment looking out the big kitshion windows,out over bush & farm land looking that way nearest neighbor is a mile away,

look out the other side of the house nearest neighbor 100yards,& you see 3 house's in a row, all most ontop of each other,barking dogs(harhar I set up a 130 decibel ultrasonic dog alarm..they get the idea...)

still pay a million for retard neighbours, who sit on their patio looking at their non stop barking dog..share your meds or shut your Mongol dog up,

oh million $ propertys yeah right..

So with chemo & its better being close to our better city hospitals, I given 1/2 of my banked $'s to go to my sons home,the other 1/2 is for my daughters home loan / or buy out right a cheap church ,school etc..

This one in outback north east Australia us$76k & been on the market for 2years I know off
    Screenshot_20200917-000016_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200723-160632_Samsung Internet.jpg
    This one started out at au$110k(us$88k)sold a year later for 1/2 the price(& again it was in some little whoopwhoop town..

Screenshot_20200723-224150_Samsung Internet.jpg
    This one us$84k,but the little farming town its in, is notorious in Australia becouse some nutters had rented the old local bank & where storing dead dole (welfare) bluggers & or pedafiles in barrels in the old bank vault & still claiming their welfare payments.. quiet alot of dead welfare blugger/or pedafiles..(I'v got kids ,so maybe they where doing a public service! ;)

Any way one corner of this church has major structural cracks in tbe brick work...buggers selling it didnt show the cracks for a year & then still didnt lower the price..yeah good luck with that & your towns rep..

Screenshot_20200517-184453_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Where as this one isnt for sale but au$160k (us$128k)for a new roof !...yeah get a good builder/carpenter to go over what ever older place your going for..

Screenshot_20210320-183828_Chrome.jpg
    Where as this one's for sale,but it 130k's(88.7miles) from our states main city & maybe 40k (24miles) from the 2nd largest town,so it going for au$400k(us$320k),

my son is going for a suburban house on a block so small if ( as a male)if you pissed out your side bedroom window ,u'ld be spraying your next door neighbours window au$575k (us460k) home..go figure.

.l love no bloody neighbours,But we rent on 64ac & 7k's (5milez) out of a little town in the hills behind our state main city, past us it state forest..& we've have hand feed kangaroos/parrots & snakes slithering past your kitshon door..

(at lest your snakes rattle their tails !;))

if you recue a baby kangaroo joey ie from rd killed mum,they follow you round like a dog! But if they start growling back off & give them the carrot,what ever

& their best party trick ( you won't see on the discovery channel) is to lure a dog into a dam,

where as our inland roo's stand 6ft plus,weigh in at 80kg/176lbs while their standing up in the dam the dog is paddling round untill the roo uses its tiny top arms to drown the dog ie they'll just push & hold the dog under water untill it drowns..

I'v lost dogs that way,& you find them floating dead in your dam,with dog & roo prints going into the dam & only roo prints coming out...so yah come down under n pat the wild life...

Or if I'v gone a head with my old school house in Speed,I would of wanted to up grade in my home brewing hobby ,then its ..along this line ..this is a old Hinze tomarto soup pressure cooker,am 6'4" n that me standing in side my freinds offer too "hay you can lend this & turn it into a still!" The lids weigh in at 1000kg(454lb)each.
    20190703_152115.jpg
    & in a kids park I found this..
    I drive crane trucks..if I was a bad person- I'd wait for a very raining/stormy night...
    20190622_140425.jpg
    Its s old gin still,yeah right lets put it in a kids play ground / park...

what a wast..& a bit hard to hide in a old school yard,next to a police station,some hobys are not meant to be...

sad so sad & spirit tax here is au$85 liter/us$68 .26gal,but hay at lest our government dosent tax us each year if we age our bourbon ..thats double dipping as the keg allso loses volume due to the keg breathing ..angles share my ass..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  8. Jason

Jason Gold

My buddy in Longbeach keeps losing houses he's been trying to buy. Always gets bid out by 50grand or so. What we have figured out, with his local laws about evicting nonpaying scumbags during the pandemic, these bastards QUIT paying rent and many have been saving it up and now they are buying houses. Gotta love the way people will take advantage of a situation, shirk their responsibilities just to line their pockets. Got an even better one! Saw a guy in California who sold his house for CASH and then WOULD NOT LEAVE! Take a guess, YUP, even though he sold his house, the new owners can't get him out because of the current rules. If some sob did that to me, there would be some serious hell to pay! I'd drop a power hammer in the living room and take up blacksmithing FULL TIME. My buddies wife runs a 20unit 3story apartment complex there in longbeach and she has some real winners right now. Many have quit paying rent and she can't get them removed. And this is a pretty nice place too. As nice as 3grand a month for a 2bedroom will get you in longbeach.:rolleyes: I like visiting there, but that's about it.

Fishers Wax Works likes this.
  9. Yeah,in the scheme of things-widows are cheap to replace. Squating scumbags will get the move on,message quick enough ..

Where as I'v squatted,but replaced crappy little louver windows with big windows,so big I'v had to jack up & reinforce the roof..

We've got & now expiring covid rental (ie no evictions /home repayment (ie paying off interest only) laws in Australia..I see the banks didnt freeze their profits all through covid..

& then our realestate's where encouraging,renters of homes or rented buissnes buildings to take/draw down on their superannuation ( @ a 50% tax rate ) to pay their rent-

naughty - naughty- naughty, if you dont have a financial advisor license in Australia, your breaking the law telling punters to raid their old age retirement fund..still din't stop a lot of realestates pressuring renters to do it or get out ...

10. Peedee

Peedee Silver

I've gone from ownership in an absolute killer mortgage to council estate rent trash in the space of a year. So the kids inheritance has gone but at least there's enough in the bank for them and probate will be a lot simpler! I know one thing, I'm a lot healthier without the building society trying to rape me every 5 minutes, shame it took 18 years to work that out!

11. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Yeah building society's and all that are a pita.

BTW I put up a little reminder for myself on the bandsaw. This better do the trick...

20210419_075046.jpg

12. I read about a guy who would sneak into a property that had problem squatters and remove the lightbulb in the living room and connect a detonator mounted on a light bulb base. He would then put the detonator into a bag full of shit and leave the house quickly. The squatters would come back, turn on the light switch to a loud bang and find themselves and the room coated in shit. The squatters would then vacate the premises for greener pastures. It was easier to scrub walls down and repaint the room than to evict squatters.

13. Hay,Peedee..

re "council estate rent trash", 20years ago I took my 4-5y/old for a joyride in a 20 floor council estate elevator in iner Melbourne, just so he could have a free veiw from a high vantage point,

on the way up a 20 something young dude, got on ,& patted my sons German short hair pointer,then the dude got off,we continue with our joyride-on the way down the same young dude got back in the lift,

where as our dog got up n sniffed the dudes runners, when I told the young dude I'ld trained the dog to sniff out pot,he got supper excited & said it works!,it works!..

My son is house hunting to buy..tiny back yards no room for sheds,my son n his freind where joking of putting up over 1 of the bedroom windows a welding screen and laying down something on the floor to protect that..instant indoor workshop..

council estate flats are all concrete,instant workshop! & going by that young dude, your neighbors,would be pretty chilled about any workshop noises...

14. Peedee

Peedee Silver

I'm not in a high rise, we got a normal little place in a rural village.

Zap, does that sticker mean you need to employ someone to press the button now ;) ;)

Zapins and Fishers Wax Works like this.
  15. Peedee,thats a big step up from iner city council estate rent trash,

Here we've got *numnuts ,x-ilegal immigrants, sueing the gov for the stess of being in lock down because of supper spreader coild,in amongst the 20floor high rise,*what staying in your flat was more stressful than u'r own countrys secret police torturing you?(as u claim)...yeah sue them 1st,then try your luck on a country that takes u in...(after you sneak in anyway)...

I might be over/under qualified to press Zaps button.

(mid 1970's =17y/old,what O.H.S,i.e emergency stop button is hidden around the back of industrial machinery..

now I get sacked for not anserwing my non hands free mobile phone while driving 50ton trucks,what too scabby to spend a $100 or so, on hands free ph gear in their $1/4 million truck=go finger
    20210420_143618.jpg

No finger nail on this finger ie its level with the ones each side...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  16. Peedee

Peedee Silver

We went through a couple of months of hell before the council decide we were decent folk and offered this. One place you couldn't open the bedroom door without getting stoned! All good for now though.

We'd better give zap his thread back!

17. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Would be nice to have a button pusher on site. I may just use it as an eye level reminder for when I get stupid. A couple cuts and scrapes are one thing but I do like my fingers where they are.

Ouch fisher!

18. Hay,Zap= when the gold plating stamp caught my glove ,I thought mmm that was close,as I could pull my hand away,till the machine finnished its cycle.

Then the white cotton clove ,whent a cerry red,I pull the clove off & pulled the mangled flesh back to look at the finger bone,no pain involed,

the leading hand fainted when I had to yell @ him to get his attention ( him was chatting up one of the honney bunnys)

when he turned round I showed him the finger
    (see last post;) he promptly fainted,what a hero..

Then it was a 300yrd dash to the 1st aid post,,that dude gave me a cigarette n called a ambo,

the honey bun was holding my hand waitng for the ambo with me - whoohoo ,as a 17y/old,you get your priorities right..

Since that industrial accident, I'v had workers run up to me n scream fire,fire what do I do?-

Then you have to tell them, "maybe you should of grabed the fire extinguisher you just run past !"

( Adults are so over rated )..

19. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Haha. I'm surprised they didn't reattach it? Too far from the hospital?

Funny how severe injuries don't really hurt isn't it? Paper cuts on the other hand...

20. Squished,flat like a banana,major tonnage ,cut the the bone squared,fold the skin flap over,sew away...

I did faint when the ambo come,more so as they wouldnt let me climb into the back of the ambo ,n they f@*ked round forever getting the stretcher out.

I face planted on it n no one relized I'd fainted,as I said (professional) Adults are so over rated..then the ambo's played 20 questions questions, should of got a taxi ...

Paper/sword grass cuts are a bitch..