Hello from Austria

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by hatta, Aug 15, 2022.

1. hatta

hatta Silver

Hi everyone,

I'm Harry (31 years) from Austria/Tirol and happy to be here. (I hopy my english is good enough for understanding me... if not, my mum will kill me, because she is an english teacher:D)

I work as a professional car body worker and car painter and with my brother i work allot on the lathe and milling machine. We do lots of stuff on old motorbikes and cars and trye to repair/restorate everything that's broken down.

I just found your forum on the internet when I was searching different things for aluminium Casting.

For about 12 years I'm planing to cast a prototype cylinder for old austrian twostroke motorbikes that gives more power and cleaner exhaust gases and I think the time is here to start the project.

I started to make the core for the twostroke cylinder out of wax (i have to make a new layout for the transfer ports). Afterwards I will make a Corebox so that the reproduction is easy.

I will show my project in a extra post and hope to get some ideas how to finish this project. :)

Thanks and greetings from the rainy austrian mountains

Harry

Ps.: here are some pics from the original cylinder

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    MrCrankyface and Tobho Mott like this.
  2. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome Harry. Great project. I do some engine related casting work myself so I'll be following your progress.

Best,
    Kelly

3. hatta

hatta Silver

Hey Kelly

Thx for your warm welcome.
    Your videos on youtube brought me here :cool:, your work is verry impressive. Lot to learn for me :)

4. Tops

Tops Silver Banner Member

Hello Harry, you can tell Mutti that we think your English is really good.
    Gruetzi wohl miteinandern!
    :)

5. hatta

hatta Silver

Haha, I will :cool:

But Gruetzi wohl miteinandern is more lile the Swiss people say:D

Tops likes this.
  6. Tops

Tops Silver Banner Member

Yes, for sure Swiss. What do they say in Tirol?

7. hatta

hatta Silver

In Tirol we say "servus" or "griaß di"

Tops likes this.