Small parts casting for hire??

Discussion in 'Request casting service' started by brandon wilson, Apr 25, 2018.

1. F029332A-01C1-45C4-97FE-BD753FBBCE21.jpeg D77CEB19-E0DC-4906-A157-E86DEA5F746D.jpeg 5A20F87F-A943-4F0B-A131-0F874F53217D.jpeg Hello!
    New to the forum, and i am in dire need to have a couple small zinc alloy parts from a movie prop molded and recast in a stronger metal as an edge of the pieces are becoming worn down, preventing them from working correctly. I can build the worn area up with solder and file down but it wouldn’t have any strength. If anyone on here is interested please let me know. Feel free to contact via email at ferriscameron@yahoo.com

Thanks

Brandon Wilson

2. Jason

Jason Gold

No one wants to take on this small job? I'm buried with work and other assorted crap at the moment, so I'm afraid, "I'm out".

Brandon, if you can make the pattern, I can pour the part and let you finish it. Can you carve what you need out of wax?

3. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Im getting ready to move the foundry, so I cant do them right now...

4. crazybillybob

crazybillybob Silver Banner Member

I'm really only setup to do Aluminum at the moment. I'm not sure that it will stand up to the wear any better than the zinc. I was thinking Aluminim Bronze might be the best wear resistant thing for this. But I've never made any and it's finicky too much AL and it shatters , too little and it's soft.
    I'm not sure where your located. I'm in Ohio, but if you have a 3d file I can print some and give it a try for you.

CBB