Belt Buckle Hardware

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by HT1, Jul 21, 2018.

1. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

I got a request for some Beltt Buckles, anyone have any suggestions on the Backside hardware... Something Very Universal, or even that I could change would be Killer, but just advice... I'm fishing here

Thanks in advance
    V/r HT1

2. Jason

Jason Gold

Tobho casts that hardware into the back of the buckle with his mystic powers.
    Gate latch parts??? I was sitting in an FBO (fixed base operator, place where private jets fly in) and thumbing through an eye candy magazine and there was a
    $100k belt buckle. The company that makes them is called Roland. http://www.rolanditen.com/ Maybe something there will spark the ol neurons.

Took me a minute, but what's the occasion? Who's it for? That kind of stuff... As an ex C-130 flight engineer, I'd love to have a belt buckle that utilizes this little wrench. EVERY engineer I knew had one of these on a keychain. It was the ONLY tool you could use to swap or remove engine starter generators. Without it, you were seriously screwed!

20180721_115214.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  3. Cool wrench!

My dad was a tech rep for Lockheed, started with the C-130A in 1954 and finished as senior Lockheed Ga. tech rep for the C-5A based at Scott.

Belt Buckle:

I was thinking a nice cast in place bar on the back to loop the belt through would be nice, and a challenge. A little like Tobho's concept, and a hook with a very small mushroom head would be ideal.

4. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

5. Rpker

Rpker Copper

We talkin military web belt style or full on hub cab western wear?

6. Jason

Jason Gold

I was on 40yr old E models in Chermany. Air conditioning sucked big time. Doing low level crap, I'd pull the front and aft overhead escape hatches. You should see how fast you can make a roll of TP disappear off a pencil through the sextant hole. Miss the herk.

Rtsquirrel likes this.
  7. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

western, 3. 5 X 5 inch, Cowboy Small

8. Rpker

Rpker Copper

I grew up out west, most of my (ehem....!) hub cap buckles are cast first then the hardware like the loop for the belt and post to go through the hole appear to be soldered on after the fact...

The part that attaches to the belt and the "hook" for fastening to the belt are created from what appears to be hardened and silver clad rod.

One of my smaller pieces of hardware....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  9. Rpker

Rpker Copper

The first few minutes of this clip show the backside hardware...

10. Jason

Jason Gold

Found some belt inspiration for ya. The rest of the video is worth watching too...