Ceramic Kilns - Boerne Texas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by Mach, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Mach

Mach Silver

2. Jason

Jason Gold

Well that was weird. I think ebay isn't playing nice with vpn's these days. Why am I not surprised.

I found the kilns. He is WAY OVER PRICED on this old stuff. HALF might be more what the market is bringing on his stuff. I paid 25bucks for mine to give you an idea. Usually, you can't give away a used pottery kiln.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  3. Mach

Mach Silver

More power to him if he can move them at that price. He's sold 7 or 8 so far. I've got an older 110v cress kiln for burnouts that I picked up for $50 but its too small for larger investment block projects. I was seriously considering the 3 foot one but he wouldnt move on price and then the wiring killed it.

On a related note, I've been watching your ceramic shell videos and rethinking investment block. The wax boil out is slick.

4. Jason

Jason Gold

Watch craigslist if you want a deal on a kiln. People often give these away for just a couple hundred bucks. Don't worry about high amp draw on some of these units. Simply disconnect a couple of elements to get the amp draw down. 60amps is a bit steep I fully agree. My cat piss kiln has 4 elements, one of the elements is dead and she's drawing just 23amps at full tilt. My kiln goes from room temp to around 1700degrees in about an hour. I toss shells in there first thing and start setting everything else up. I then start melting metal and when the pot is ready to pour, the kiln is up to temp.;) I much prefer using an electric kiln to heat shells. Nice and slow, no hassle, flip the breaker easy and clean too!

Thanks mach! The boil out does work pretty good. It's not perfect, but better than a weed burner torch and I keep my eyebrows too! I have a better design for a bottom loading furnace for dewax that I really want to try. Too many projects in the fire at the moment, but I'll get to it.