Chunk Style

Discussion in 'Lost wax casting' started by Jason, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Jason

Jason Silver Banner Member

ahh... thanks andy.

2. Jason

it's about to get real pretty soon. Dragged the spare stuff outta the shop in Florida. She was a little stinky on its first fire, but she verks good!
    The glass cast is in shipping from R&R and waiting on the slow boat from China for pid parts. I guess this means I gotta get a grip on this shelf I call a workbench.:rolleyes:

20190318_002256.jpg

3. oldironfarmer

oldironfarmer Silver Banner Member

Plenty of workspace next where you have the bottle, IFR gun and knife setting. Besides, you've got lots of working area on top of the kiln. Why is it empty? Doesn't look like it's on.

4. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Translated-----build a shelf over the work bench :D

Tobho Mott likes this.
  5. dtsh

dtsh Copper Banner Member

Translation of the translation: pile it on top until the angle of repose is discovered or the top collapses; whichever comes first.

DavidF likes this.
  6. Jason

This bench is 12 feet long. That translates into a 9foot shelf. Flat surfaces suck. I've got to get on this tonight, it's totally out of control now.

7. Jason

Without a Pid, I took a wild run at casting some of that mystery glass. I believe my fuse temp was a little low or the time was a bit short. Working against me, I noticed the mystery glass pieces have variations in the color.:rolleyes: I went for it anyway and halfassed a schedule. It worked!:D The investment is a winner and the material did not stick to the glass. Next go will be with the proper known glass and hopefully half a clue.:p

20190321_185500.jpg
    20190321_225742.jpg
    20190321_230249.jpg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019 at 10:45 PM
    dtsh, Tobho Mott and joe yard like this.
  8. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Silver Banner Member

Looks good, the non-mystery glass ought to work even better! This is gonna be cool...

Jeff