Coronavirus, COVID-19

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by OMM, Mar 12, 2020.

1. crazybillybob

crazybillybob Silver Banner Member

Ok, my comment before on Ammo was tongue n cheek..... But the sheeple are now going after ammo like it's TP :(o_O

2. Zapins

Zapins Gold

New currency is lead!

3. Fasted58

Fasted58 Silver

If you don't have an adequate supply of ammo already you are slipping.

DavidF and Jason like this.
  4. Jason

Jason Gold

Staying home doesnt suck, what really sucks is Amazon is taking longer than 2days to get me junk I need around the garage!

5. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Amazon is shutting down alot of their warehouse operations.
    I stocked up on beer, should have enough for 3 weeks. Might be shy on toilet paper, that I can do without, but beer is vital to survival ..

6. Jason

Jason Gold

Amazon delivers beer? Sign me up!:D

How you deal without TP, I dont want to know!:eek: No one shake David's hand..:eek:

7. DavidF

The master bedroom was built for a handicapped guy so it has a walk in shower ( or wheel in) and has a regular shower and a garden hose head on a lower shower that's selectable. Great for bathing dogs, or washing those hard to reach areas. Lol

8. Peedee

Peedee Silver

When I run out of red wine I'm fecked. I've enough local papers to deal with the other issue.

9. Zapins

Zapins Gold

That's why I invested in whiskey and liquor. Would take me... days to run out with my stash!
    20200317_181736.jpg

10. Fasted58

Fasted58 Silver

Pa. is closing the state run liquor and wine stores tonight. Didn't even try to go there because fuster cluckys. Beer stores will remain open have been well stocked... for now.

11. DavidF

You could use bills then return to sender :D

12. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

I do not know where you guys’ heads are. I went up to our great neighbor to the North and bought 100 pounds of sea coal—-vital to my iron casting addiction. First time I have crossed the border and had no cars—-zero—-ahead of me! Total screening was “Do you feel unwell? OK, have a good day.”

13. rocco

rocco Silver

Same thing sort out my way. On Monday, about 2:00pm, I drove past the Queenston-Lewiston bridge, a major border crossing between Ontario and New York state, on a normal Monday afternoon you could expect to see trucks backed up all the way across the bridge but it was almost deserted.

14. Jason

Jason Gold

I do that.. I'll take junk mail from one bastard and mail it to another. Occasionally along with a banana peel. Fun to mail your trash away.

15. Patrick-C

Patrick-C Silver

I'm pretty well stocked on my beaverage, its kinda hot and silvery(some people call it molten aluminum).;)
    Patrick

16. Yeah if I was going to run a post apocalyptic foundry, I'm well stocked for fuel and metals. Unfortunately I sold the V8 interceptor years ago ('73 XB falcon coupe).

XB1989.jpg

17. rocco

rocco Silver

The Canada/U.S. border has just been closed to all non-essential travel.

18. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

MS, you just got in under the wire......but I could envision you making the case to the border agent of sea coal being essential....

Best,
    Kelly

19. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

Well, you are right about that. I was down to a couple melts worth of coal and I really would have been frustrated if, in addition to social distancing for the next few months, I could not distract myself by working in the foundry. So, yup I would have been doing my best---"facts" in any argument can be gently bent to fit the circumstances, after all.

"Trudeau clarified that "essential travel" won't stop. "Our governments recognize that it is critical we preserve supply chains between both countries," Trudeau said. These supply chains include the passage of food, fuel and medicines reach people in both countries. Trucking won't be affected, for example."

Oh yeah, I could have driven my 2WD 1998 Toyota PU----that's trucking, right? ;-) Like I said, if there is a will...

Denis

20. My government is mounting an Italian style response and expecting a South Korean result. South Korea has 8 hospital beds per 1000 head of population, Australia has 4 beds per 1000 head of population. Australia is also being run by a failed advertising executive at the moment who is incapable of any kind of forward planning.