Economics of investment casting

Discussion in 'Investment casting Ceramic shell method' started by Fierillo, May 28, 2021.

1. Fierillo

Fierillo Lead

Im making my tesis about a pilot plant that use this proces and i having some troubles to obtain information about economics like:
    • Typical production of an small plant (im trying to design a small workshop that produce only 40 tons/anual).
    • Average price for typical pieces. I know that in investment casting this is so variable.
    Please help!

2. Ferrisbeu

Ferrisbeu Silver

Step one: Get rid of China. After that you may make some money....

Jason likes this.
  3. Jason

Jason Gold

Competing against the far east is a losing proposition. I highly recommend reading this. >>>>>>>>> https://www.amazon.com/Poorly-Made-China-Insiders-Production/dp/0470928077
    Thanks to certain leaders about 30years ago, they sold your kids future down the gutter.:mad: As long as this thing holds together another 30-40 years, I shouldn't give a rats ass what happens. I have a feeling it won't.:( Funny how a guy like me actually cares about your kids future, yet I'm the misogynistic a-hole. :rolleyes:

Deepeezie likes this.
  4. Peedee

Peedee Silver

My business model for around 15 years was:

Get a wacko lighting designer to create some amazing unique (all his own work of course) light unit for a major project.

Prototype and prove it quickly and get it into spec.

Price it at 80% profit on cost after overheads

Increase the price each time a little change was made in the specification

Watch from a distance as wholesaler buying teams eventually gave up trying to find an alternative to the detailed unique specification.

Just a shame I made a lot of money for other people doing that.

5. Fierillo

Fierillo Lead

I love the tips and advices of this thread. Please keep going.

Can you recommend me a site where i can import stats of investment casting?