Hello from Réunion island

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by TRYPHON974, Jul 18, 2020.

1. TRYPHON974

TRYPHON974 Copper

Hello, here's Tryphon from Réunion island, a little French island in the Indian Ocean. I've been a foundry enthusiast for some years now but I did not melt anything recently though. I was posting from time to time on an other foundry's forum, without being very active these past years. I may post some of my projects if you accept some vaguely foundry related topics. If not, that's not a big deal, I've always enjoyed watching what others do, especially the work from some familiar names.
    I apologize in advance for my English, which is not my mother language, I'll try my best.

_Jason likes this.
  2. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome to thehomefoundry, I remember you from alloyavenue. Some of us are still holding out hope it will come back online, but this place is great too.

Jeff

3. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Great to see you here Tryphon. Many of us were active on AA and are familiar. Same spirit, same helpfulness.

Pete

4. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome Tryphon. Good to see you here.

Sounds like a tasty salad dressing :p

5. FishbonzWV

FishbonzWV Silver Banner Member

Tryphon, glad to see you made it over to the forum. You always had some neat projects going on.

6. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome to the forum Tryphon, The www unites!

Best,
    Kelly

7. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Wait what other foundry website?

8. rocco

rocco Silver

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Alloy Avenue forums.
    Anyways, Tryphon, I'm glad you found your way here.

9. TRYPHON974

TRYPHON974 Copper

I was referring to Backyardmetalcasting, before it became Alloy Avenue, before it went down.
    Good to see the flame is still burning and the spirit survived.

10. Jason

Jason Gold

And the best part. No more need to do the 3rd party image hosting bs. I see you donated to the cause, thank you for that, your money goes to help pay for storage of photos here. Just hit the upload a file button and your pictures stay safe right here! That was a driving factor why THF exists in the first place.