Hello

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by metallab, Jun 24, 2020.

1. metallab

metallab Silver

I am Klaas, hobby amateur atronomer, chemist and foundryworker.

I work in the webdesign and software engineering.

I have a backyard furnace which I built in 2018, here a report. It is propane based and I melt copper alloys in it. And I have a few small furnaces for melting small quantities (max 0.5kg) of copper alloys ans cast iron.
    Sometimes I melt stainless steel (max 100g) using a DC arc welder and a graphite crucible.

2. Jason

Jason Gold

Welcome Klaas... Yup, looks like AA is done.

3. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Welcome Metallab. I'm glad to see you here. A few guys changed their names from AA but you know most of us. David has done a great job with this site. It has some different features and details than AA but has that same familiar spirit!

Pete

4. Jason

Jason Gold

Best part. Upload your photos HERE. No more fotojunket nonsense. Members here chip in a few bucks a year to offset the expenses for storage etc. Plus ya get that little banner member thingy under your name.;)

5. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

Hey, you made it! Glad you found us, Klaas.

Jeff

6. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Welcome home.

The stainless casting sounds interesting. Any pics or videos of that process?

7. metallab

metallab Silver

8. Lou

Lou Copper

Nice to see you metallab!!

9. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Wow very impressive. I'm surprised it casts so well. I had heard it didn't glow well. Maybe that's because people didn't heat it up enough to cast correctly? What did you use as a flux?