Hey guys

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Stuart. W, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Stuart. W

Stuart. W Copper

I'm Stu from down under not quiet under down under but close lol Victoria lol.
    Made a few ingots upgrading to pattern making. Ill try and post my furnace and some picks of what Im doing
    20210127_160150.jpg 20210216_120206.jpg 20200517_210146.jpg 20200508_195508.jpg

Attached Files:

Tobho Mott, Jason and Patrick-C like this.
  2. Patrick-C

Patrick-C Silver

Hi Stuart, welcome to the forum! Looks like you got a big furnace there. What is that piece you sand cast for? It also looks like you know how to please us... with pictures!:)
    Patrick

Stuart. W likes this.
  3. Stuart. W

Stuart. W Copper

Lol Thanks Patrick its a Bogie frame for 7 1/4" I have an 8kg crucible that holds 2kg brimfull of Al I had estimated I was going to be short of Aluminium but decided to give it a try, bout 1kg short. The furnace is very big
    Accidental. It was a pottery kiln in a past life 3phase then converted to natural gas, no nothing left of the gas setup, and only the controller for power. I converted it to waste oil but cant post video the files are to large

4. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome to the forum, cool stuff! We've got one or two other members who work on railroad projects sometimes too, and plenty of waste oil burner fans. Looking forward to seeing more!

Uploading pictures directly to the forum is no problem, it's a great feature we have here, but to share video you'll have to use a platform such as youtube. Upload your video there, set it to public (or unlisted if you're shy), then simply paste the link into a post to embed your videos. We have a pinned thread somewhere where members are encouraged to post links to their youtube channels as well, so that people here can find them and check out what you've been up to.

Jeff

5. Stuart. W

Stuart. W Copper

Thanks Jeff have been thinking of Youtube lol not done it yet. need to clean the shed so Ill never find any thing, lol.

6. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Looking good Stuart. Don't worry about cleaning up your shed. Come as you are!

Pete

Stuart. W and Jason like this.
  7. Welcome! Cleaning your shed and it won't be you.

Stuart. W likes this.
  8. Jason

Jason Gold

Pete's right. We don't judge. It's about what you make, not where you make it!

Stuart. W likes this.
  9. Stuart. W

Stuart. W Copper

10. Stuart. W

Stuart. W Copper

Lol Ill finish another project one day

11. Stuart. W

Stuart. W Copper

Lol never enough storage spaces.