Hi,Everyone. This is Jerry Ni from China.

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Jerry NI 1, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Jerry NI 1

Jerry NI 1 Lead

Hello everybody,

I am so glad to meet you. I work in a foundry in China. And I want to learn and discuss with you guys, and hope
    making friends in here.

If you are interested in China casting , China culture or other topic of China, I would love to share with you.

Also, if you want to save cost of casting parts, I can help you get solution.

2. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Welcome Jerry. We have members from many parts of the world but I think you may be our first from China. There are a few professional foundry men here (not me, I am a printer) but almost all are home hobbyists. There's probably not much business opportunity here, who knows, but do you know of any individuals where you live that have foundries at home? I would be interested to know what materials are available and techniques used by hobbyists where you live. As you know, materials and techniques available to private individuals and those available in industry can sometimes be very different, so I'm wondering how a hobbyist in China would acquire or make refractory for a furnace or make a burner at home, produce greensand, etc.
    What part of China are you from? What is your role at the foundry? It's a big place.lol.

Pete

3. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

I love spam in the morning. Somehow, I detect an odor of it wafting into the room.

Denis

4. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Quite possibly but who knows.

5. Jason

Jason Gold

Times must be tough if they are seeking out the home gamer.:rolleyes:

Hey Jerry, Look up "bronze foundry Loveland Colorado" there is a ton of bronze Art foundries there.
    I bet they would jump at the opportunity to farm out lots of business your way.

6. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome Jerry.

7. rocco

rocco Silver

Quite possibly but it does smell a little atypical so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Welcome Jerry.

8. Jason

Jason Gold

I'm telling ya, the foundries in Loveland would love to hear from him. These guys are backed up for MONTHS with work!

9. Jerry NI 1

Jerry NI 1 Lead

Thank you Pete, I was so happy that everyone was so enthusiastic.

Due to my busy work last week, I even had no time to reply everyone. So sorry.

I found a big difference when I came in this home. Many hobbyists are interested in casting various parts in private foundry and learn technique. But, few people in China would love to build a burner or furnace at their home.

As for material in industry, our foundry usually cast aluminum, brass, stainless steel, cast iron,zinc etc. Of course, different casting process require different material.
    Like sand casting that always cast various material. Die casting requires aluminum,zinc alloy. Investment casting requires stainless steel or brass.

I am from Qingdao, a beautiful coastal city. If there is a chance to take a trival, I am very willing to take you to try great beer and special BBQ.

Finaly, I am an sale person in foundry. And I would keep the rule in here. Hope make more friends in here.

Attached Files:

10. Jerry NI 1

Jerry NI 1 Lead

Thanks David

11. Jerry NI 1

Jerry NI 1 Lead

Thanks Jason