Hi from The Disneyland area!

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Ferrisbeu, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Ferrisbeu

Ferrisbeu Silver

Hey my name is Chris. I am from Southern California near Dland. Ive been casting for a few years. Most of my techniques are rather unconventional but work for me. Always experimenting. I am a retired Sheriff’s Deputy (27 years) and an Army Infantry vet prior to that. I do mostly sand, sand/lost foam and investment and use brass and aluminum. Generally I make Disney related stuff that I give away and sometimes sell to my followers on Instagram. My IG is @Ferrisbeu also. I am thinking about delving into 3d but my computer design skills are non-existent. I also like to weld and am currently teaching myself TIG. Pretty much anything metal related, I try. I also play around with knife making. Ive built 3 different forges with different burner setups. The one Im working on right now is a forced air setup with plans I got from J. Nielson. Works like a friggin BOMB!!! Check out my IG if you get a minute. Lots of casting vids. Ive got a neat pour setup that I created that I've never seen done before. I don’t do YouTube.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  2. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome Chris. We like pictures but links are a close second.

Best,
    Kelly

3. Jason

Jason Gold

Welcome. Sorry no IG, FB and no twit. Post your photos here, many of us are in the same boat.

Learning TIG is one of the best skills a metal worker will ever do! I wish I had one 20years ago. I can't tell you how many times that machine has saved my ass.