Howdie from Va.

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Dave, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Dave

Dave Copper

Hi everyone,glad to be here....Thought I'd give casting a try. Work mostly with wood. Time to try something different....

2. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome to the forum, Dave. Lots of great info here to help get you started and avoid the common pitfalls.

What kind of stuff do you want to cast? Woodworking skills can be very helpful for making sand casting patterns and flasks, formwork for building furnaces, etc.

Jeff

3. Welcome! I'll second Jeff. Woodworking is one of the best skills to supplement foundry efforts. You can also cast lots of items to be use with woodworking, from tools to hardware. Lot's of guys here trying to help others get started (it helps us feel less crazy if we see other people sucked in to the same activities).

4. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome Dave!

5. Redwolf947

Redwolf947 Copper

Welcome to the Home Foundry!

6. Dave

Dave Copper

Thanks for the welcome....Been doing woodworking since I was about 12. My dad was good at it and I picked up a lot...Been making guitars and other things for around 45 yrs...Time to try some other things. My sons and I have started making 1900's board track racer replicas.. Lots of fun...Casting will come in handy....Dave

7. Jason

Jason Gold

You found the right place Dave. Lots of new guys dropping in lately. We live for pictures around here, so grab that camera.
    Welcome.