HTTPS links in notification emails, and/or auto-upgrade to HTTPS?

Discussion in 'Forum suggestions' started by Funkster, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Funkster

Funkster Silver

Hallo,

I just noticed that although the forum's web server supports HTTPS, the links in notification emails are plain HTTP and if you manually change to HTTPS, navigating around the forum downgrades you back to HTTP.

Since logging in requires entering username/email and a password, it would be good practice to use HTTPS throughout by default, and maybe automatically upgrading to HTTPS if someone lands here via HTTP.

--
    Olly

JCSalomon likes this.
  2. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Yea, I know... when I have a few hours I will see if I can get it fixed...

Funkster likes this.
  3. PatJ

PatJ Silver

Hmmmmmm..........I am glad someone understood that.

4. Funkster

Funkster Silver

:D

Basically: "mumble, mumble, encryption's great, mumble, mumble"

DavidF likes this.
  5. Jason

Jason Gold

I'll be in the back of the class with the morons if ya need me. The preggo chick told me it's not mine:eek:, so I'm guessing the stoner guy is the father.:p

Rtsquirrel likes this.
  6. It's yours, she was just trying to jerk you around, see if you were shaken it might not be yours.:cool: Finally, a subject I understand.:rolleyes:

Rtsquirrel and Jason like this.
  7. crazybillybob

crazybillybob Silver Banner Member

I'm in the back of the class with you... but I know the baby isn't mine.... Because I completely understood the OP's message :p
    and Funkster is correct the back of the class translation is encryption is great.;)

8. rcast

rcast Copper

2.5 Years later... maybe a good point to look into it again? It's pretty easy... one redirect for the http site to the https site, one little change to the links that are being sent...

JCSalomon likes this.