Keep it simple... what wax do I use?

Discussion in 'Lost wax casting' started by AGELE55, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Something else to kick around: some of the cross sections on the plane look pretty darned thin.....

Pete

2. AGELE55

AGELE55 Copper

Yep... what could possibly go wrong?

3. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

I can't speak to methods used in lost wax casting such as vacuum etc because I've never done it. I do know as a sand caster I generally have difficulty getting sections less than 3/16 or so to fill with aluminum reliably. Others may have something to lend.

Pete

4. I've been using Kinko Brown modelling wax for years. Sticks together when you need it to. Also make my sprues out of it, then with a hot knife adhere sprues to pattern. I've got six cases on hand, if anyone needs some. Comes in 10 pound slabs. Will sell at $10. lb. Also have some red 1/8 sprue stock and sticky wax for adhering sprues and vents to pattern. If interested, pm me.

5. Jason

Jason Gold

I'd take it all off your hands Bill if I was closer.... Funny how wax costs more than bronze!!!!:(

6. Hi Jason
    I made two errors in the price. First, I was ignorant of the international content of the web site and should have indicated that the price was in the Canuck Buck which is somewhat less valuable than the US eagle. So that would be about $7. in eagles. Second I was looking at the wrong purchase order. To my door the price per pound delivered and taxed was just short of $5. Canadian.
    A large difference per pound in the American currency!

7. Jason

Jason Gold

If it makes ya feel better, I'm paying around 6bucks a pound for wax. Still high in my opinion. I do get a couple of uses out of it and suffer very little loss by boiling it out.