Kickstarter

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by DavidF, May 27, 2019.

1. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

2. Jason

Jason Gold

What's YOUR interest?

3. DavidF

Did you watch the video??

4. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Scarab Emblem

K

DavidF likes this.
  5. Jason

Jason Gold

Yeah, I remember the bug thing... But this is just some old Z car. I must be missing something. Luxury was not or ever will be synonymous with a Datsun Z. Just they way it is.

Could you just imagine how far off your NUT you would have been to drop off your BRAND NEW Z and a check for 8grand so your can get a V8 and some fuzzy interior crap installed IN 1976?????? Cash alone was 8 months of an average salary! The car was $6700.... Makes me wonder if these guys couldn't figure out how to tune SU's or strombergs and just pulled the motor. Bunch of Jag idiots followed this same pattern. Today when I here an old jag start up and it's got a v8, I throw up a little each time.

Hope ya sell a bunch of bugs David, but the car was a flop no matter how ya slice it. And I like the old Z cars. My mother got a brand new one every year for almost a decade. (Dad managed a Datsun dealership in florida) I will forever remember the smell of hot vinyl and hot oil and I grew up stuffed in the back of the coupe. Wonder what these old farts are hoping to do with 8grand? You cannot even get a decent paint job these days for 8k.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  6. DavidF

Your Jag actually runs?? looked more like a dust collector last video I saw it in... Funny how you all ways bitch about how much something costs that someone other than yourself is selling, and turn right around complaining about cheap bastards not wanting to shell out the bucks for the crap your selling. WTF man get over yourself.

7. Jason

Jason Gold

Yup it runs. The rear is out because I'm changing the gear ratio. I hated driving it with the 3:54 gears. It's fun for stoplight running, but annoying on the highway. If the 2:88 euro spec gears doesn't change the driving experience, I'm cashing in. It's a 69 and books around 50K. I don't care if the dust gets a foot thick, it's one of 5000cars, it's not that rare, but a hell of a lot more desirable than any Z. I'd rather be on the side of the road in a broke down Jag then underwater owning a Z with a V-8.

Seriously, in 1976, you could get a year old ferrari for under 15grand. Called my dad tonight and asked him about the scarab. He laughed is ass off at the lunacy of pissing away that kind of money back then on a Z. He did remind me the Z in 76 had the bosch jetronic and was trouble free if you ran decent fuel in it. I guess it was the 240's that had carbs. He also said he remembers paying $4500 for the 1976 280Z we had. Next was a 78 followed by a ZX turbo, then the first year for the 300ZX turbo. That one was black and gold with leather/suede seats. I remember that thing having louvers on the headlights and rear window. That car was FAST. Mom never drove it much and we sold it to a guy that gave it to his kid. Kid killed himself in it. :rolleyes: That car would do 115 in 3rd!

I still don't know what these 4 old farts are trying to accomplish with this fundraiser? Reliving the old days? Buy a rusty z and stick a v-8 in it? Sell some keychains?
    My best guess is spend 8grand to "film" a story no one except a few hundred Z guys might find interesting? Ya don't need 8grand to do that.

8. Peedee

Peedee Silver

I thought this was a casting forum ;) (It's a joke, i'm leaving no need to chase me out of the door ;) ;) ;)

PatJ likes this.
  9. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

The emblem is really cool.

I don't know jack about cars other than you aim them with the round spinny thing up front, and if you can't figure out how to change the dash clock back when daylight savings ends, it'll magically fix itself in a few months.

Jeff

Jason likes this.