Let's all think about the Fourth and dream of what we could be.

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Melterskelter, Jul 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

It will be up to us to decide what sort of future we want and what message inspires us. Here is a roughly 90 sec video.

I personally find that this message resonates with me. That is what our country is about. That is what the Fourth is about. That is why so many of us have put on a uniform---because we believe in America for everyone. I am happy to think that we seem to be on the cusp of making another step forward. Each of those steps has always involved some hard work and some pain. Let's go to work.

God Bless America.

Denis

Tobho Mott and Mister ED like this.
  2. Jason

Jason Gold

LMAO... Remember, YOU went there. It's an INDEPENDENT video from AUSTRALIA!

3. Jason

Jason Gold

4. Melterskelter

Well , that’s the thing, Jason. I am not laughing at you or your opinions. I don’t share some of your political opinions, that is for sure. But, I think there has been a mood in this country to laugh at or even vilify people based on some difference of opinion, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, educational background, or you name it. Too much of the time we fail to see what we have in common and use those areas of commonality to find consensus on mutual goals. I think we could get a lot further that way.

You and I probably have a lot more in common than we have differences as evidenced by our casting passion, veteran status, airplane enthusiasm (former sailplane pilot here—-didn’t know that did you?) , gender, country of origin, language, and the list could go on. So, I’m not laughing at you. Similarly, I’m hoping that we (this country) can start paying more attention to what unites us and to what goals we can all put our shoulders. That is what I am saying about messages that resonate with me.

You may (and surely will) differ with me, but we’d probably be better off if we don’t laugh at each other or try to denigrate each other. Differences are not that simple nor are they moderated that way. If emphasized too much, they can overshadow common interests and hold back mutual progress.

Denis

dtsh likes this.
  5. Jason

Jason Gold

Yeah Dennis I know all those things and more. Me and half of the USA STRONGLY REJECT GLOBALISM. We have remained silent far too long. Sheep are slow learners and they are in for another lesson this november. Why is nationalism wrong?

Bentation Funkiloglio likes this.
  6. Melterskelter

Jason, that is way too big a question to answer here. It’s not an opinion I share and likely never will. I am inspired by unifying messages and I believe that humanity has more goals in common than we have in division. Ultimately, humanity has and will continue to progress from Families to clans to tribes, to state, to nations, to unions of nations and so on. I truly think is is inevitable because of our common interests and aspirations. There will be bumps along the way. There have been bumps. We would do well to be leaders helping to avoid difficulties as much as possible, not augmenting them. That is my assessment of the situation. But, I know I can convince no one else and will not try to do so here. This is my last post on the subject since I have nothing new to say on the subject. But, I am an inveterate optimist. We have come so far, we can not help but continue to do so and I, for one, am glad it is so.

Denis

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  7. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Go cast something fellas. It's the General Foundry Chat subforum not General Chat. I'm not interested in political or idiological posts here on THF. Go join some other forum if you want to do that.

K

JCSalomon, Jason, Barrybooth and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.