Mix and match, 4 pipe burners

Discussion in 'Burners and their construction' started by mytwhyt, Sep 28, 2021.

1. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Silver

Pipe burners. simple, effective, and so many pipe parts to chose from.. A few brass water plumping parts, all off the shelf from HD.. A drill and metal cutting disk on my 4.5" grinder are all the tools needed.. Only need to drill 4 holes, and 4 cuts with the grinder.. I admit I haven't used the larger burner sizes.. They might need the orifice drilled larger and tuned to burner length..
    The orifice used is from a wire feed welder.. They come in different sizes, but may be need to be drilled larger for bigger pipe burner.. The last pic is the one used on my furnace.. A 1/4" compression connector holds the orifice.. IMG_1983_zps2f1cb9d6.jpg IMG_1987_zpsd0d7e1bf.jpg IMG_1990_zps953fec12.jpg IMG_1988_zpsf041517b.jpg IMG_1991_zps0fbec10b.jpg IMG_1993_zps92c24359.jpg

2. Rob Hall

Rob Hall Copper

So glad to see I'm not the only Mixer-Matcher. I was going to the hardware store almost daily with any spare change I had buying elbows, reducers, just any couplers and fittings I could get.

Do we get to see it all lined up and then all together? Looks like you're doing naturally aspirated but hard to tell.

3. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Silver