Need your opinion

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Chancre, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Chancre

Chancre Lead

Hey all, it’s been awhile since I’ve been on. I sold my house in a subdivision for a fixer upper on five acres. Unfortunately, I had to sacrifice my shop for it. A new workshop is on the short list.

The reason for this post is, the furnace I’m pulling out is oil fired. I’ve removed the burner assembly, oil filter and fire chamber thinking that it would make for an excellent foundry. I don’t have any intention of building one but, I know there are others that want to get that hot. Everything on it is in working order. I did remove the gasket that sized the burner tube to the firebox.

My question is this, what would be a fair price to ask for it?
    Both pieces are pretty heavy and I’ll have to package and weigh for shipping, but that will be determined later.

I appreciate y’alls thoughts.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Rasper

Rasper Silver

They give them away on Craig's List if you will take the whole furnace away with you.

Richard

3. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

That combustion chamber will be pretty much useless imho.
    The burner may be worth $50. To 100.00 bucks but it looks like it's only rated to 1.25 gph which is a bit small. Again this is just an opinion.

I feel your pain on the move. Been working on an old 1855 farm house I bought and no time for casting... next year I'll be out with a vengeance melting everything in site. Including ladders with men working on top of them...

4. Robert

Robert Silver

I have an oil burner that I paid $50 for.
    Robert