New man cave!!!!

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by DavidF, Jan 26, 2018.

1. PatJ

PatJ Silver

Here is what you need.
    A grass/bushes eating machine.

DCP04732.JPG

DCP04733.JPG

Attached Files:

2. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

NO GOATS!!!
    Sheep do a better job without the chaos anyways.....

3. Ummm, maybe. Not very good, but you can see a few.

Farmall.jpg

4. PatJ

PatJ Silver

I think you are correct.
    Goats tend to jump up on anything and everything. And they will butt the heck out of you if you let them (I carried a whip).
    I would reach through the fence to grab the food bowl, and he would pin my arm against the fence, to the point where you were stuck until he decided to relent and give you your arm back.
    Their necks are incredibly strong, perhaps 10 times stronger than a dog's neck.
    We brought ours into the kitchen, and turned our back for half a second, and there he was standing in the middle of the kitchen table, without making a sound and without disturbing anything on the table.
    Outside he would jump up on top of garbage cans, etc., anything to get to higher ground.
    And they will fight each other for the high ground.

They remove the horns from the Oberhasli because they are milk goats, and they will butt a hole in the udder with a horn.

Sheep seem to be happy to just walk around eating like a lawn mower, without all the jumping and such.

Rural Arkansas (I travel through there often) has lots of small tractors for sale.
    John Deere's, Farmalls, etc.

5. Peedee

Peedee Silver

Be careful what you wish for

6. Jason

Jason Gold

LMAO... I've never seen Shaun the sheep. Reminds me of Wallace and Grommit. We are watching the Doc Martin shows now, hilarious.

7. Peedee

Peedee Silver

Same animators as W & G Jason, fits my juvenile sense of humour, i really should grow up one day..........

8. Jason

Jason Gold

Nahhh.. don't grow up, it keeps you young. I found an 11 hr marathon Shaun the sheep last night. we watched about 2hrs. Hilarious.

littos likes this.
  9. DavidF

So after lots and lots of searching I finally got the jump on a good tractor..
    Now is not the time of year you want to go tractor hunting!! 20180421_090454.jpg 20180421_101804.jpg

Rtsquirrel likes this.
  10. PatJ

PatJ Silver

Greeeeen Acres is the place to be.........Farm living is the life for me........Land stretching out so far and wide........

Looks good.
    We need a video of you driving it so we can synch in some Green Acres music.

Jason likes this.
  11. Jason

Jason Gold

Yeah, wearing a suit and tie with a half flat rear tire. :p:D

12. DavidF

On a side note it turns out that the guy I bought the tractor off of has a blacksmith shop in NE MD. Soon as I get some free time I am going to go take a tour of his shop, and maybe do a shop tour video.

Rtsquirrel likes this.
  13. Is that slasher not rusted from underneath?, I saw a guy who lost both feet when he stood on top of one while it was running: one foot went through the rusted top and when he braced his other foot against the metal it went through too and got chopped off. Not saying yours is that bad but I will never look at a slasher the same way again after seeing that guy.

14. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Nice purchase. That bucket will come in handy as would be a pair of long forks for moving MACHINERY around!

Best,
    Kelly

15. DavidF

Its very solid, no rust issues. Thing must weigh in at 1000 lbs or better.

Mark's castings likes this.
  16. DavidF

Yea, moving the shop will be a nightmare!! Oh well just have to push on.....

17. Jason

Jason Gold

Thanks! The image of that one made me puke a little!

18. That just proves you have an excellent ability to visualize things, very important for creative types. Thing was the lethal slasher looked only a little rusty from the top, all of the corrosion was from underneath.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  19. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

My friends son was horsing around near by and ended up under it. 20 yrs old. Lost both legs above the knees. I have fond memories growing up riding on the fender. It makes for nice pictures, but is a really bad idea. Stuff happens quick.

20. Jason

Jason Gold

Sounds like sheep are safer:oops: