Pressured Oil Burner - Aliexpress

Discussion in 'Burners and their construction' started by Dazz, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Dazz

Dazz Copper

Hi
    I have embarked on the construction of a pressured oil burner using parts from Aliexpress.
    Oil burners, new or used, are not available in my country. Importing an off-the-shelf burner from anywhere would cost $$ in shipping. The plan is to build my own diesel fueled burner for an iron foundry.

The major advantage to me of pressured oil is avoiding the cost and noise of an air compressor. I live in an urban environment with close neighbours, so noise control is really important.

Delivery from China is slow at present so nothing much will happen for a while.

The parts I have ordered are shown in the following photos.
    180W fan
    [​IMG]

Electric igniter
    [​IMG]

Electric solenoid fuel pump 3gal/hr
    [​IMG]

Burner head and swirler
    [​IMG]

Jason likes this.
  2. OMM

OMM Silver

What kind of oil do you plan on burning? Only diesel?

3. Dazz

Dazz Copper

Diesel to start with. Maybe used oil later.

4. Jason

Jason Gold

Rock and roll man! Looking fwd to watching this one come together. Hang onto stuff like part numbers so if someone chooses to follow in your steps, it will help out greatly!

5. Nudge

Nudge Copper

That is almost the same setup as my hot water blaster. What size tip has the burner got/ going to have?
    Mine will run a 1gph without smoking from cold. Once hot I can swap it out to a 3gph and all is good. If I start with the 3gph from the get go it almost floods and takes forever to heat up.

6. Jason

Jason Gold

How about a simple flow regulator?? aka ball valve to close off some fuel when she's cold?

7. Dazz

Dazz Copper

Hi
    Here is the data sheet for the fuel pump.
    I have the pump and it looks really well made.
    The data sheet shows it will use a tiny fraction of the power required to run an air compressor.

Dazz

Attached Files:

8. Jason

Jason Gold

I should hope so! My electricity is dirt cheap so that's mox nix. I'm more interested in not dragging out an air line. I've often wondered what fun would ensue from one drop of molten bronze on my shitty plastic orange air hose!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

9. Nudge

Nudge Copper

Not sure if the 3GPH tip would work if you only feed it 1GPH as the hole in the tip is bigger and it wont spray the same..... as far as I know

10. OMM

OMM Silver

It would still work. The mist might not be as fine at the same (or suggested) psi. The thing is, if you have a pump pushing the fuel, the fuel can be regulated. The compressed air can also be regulated. A good point would be is your air compressor might have to work a little harder and your blower might have to work a little less hard at lower fuel flow levels.