Raku,Top hat, treated wool furnace?

Discussion in 'Furnaces and their construction' started by Red97, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Frank Clark

Frank Clark Copper

Nope, sorry not me.

I checked with the lady here that handles the invoices. Last time we bought Temp-Mat insulation it was $165/roll. The rolls are 225 sqft and this is for 1" thickness.

We have been using GLT Products: 2902 East 13th Street, Suite 200 | La Porte, TX 77571 | 713-670-9700

But some guy from General Insulation (www.generalinsulation.com) here in Dallas has been by and left me samples. Those guys have offices in lots of cities, so if someone is looking for a local supplier, I would check out their locations. He did give me a roll of a higher temperature insulation that I've tried at home. It has held up to direct contact with my heaters for hours with no damage - Temp Mat melts to glass if used like that.

2. Jason

Jason Gold

Thanks Frank.... Know anything about cheap silicone????

3. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Yah, not bad at all. Guess I was thinking of ITC-100....

K

4. If you have a lathe it is really easy to build a burner. I used the pin end off a sucker rod:

Drilled it, threaded both ends, and made a tap for a gauge. Gauge is off a cheap tire gauge.

IMG_0843.JPG IMG_0844.JPG

Sleeve slides over the holes to adjust the air. MIG tip. It gets the furnace hot but the pipe stays cool.

IMG_3284.JPG

I'm a novice and it was easy to build.

Tobho Mott and Red97 like this.