Zbrush core sculpt

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by DavidF, Feb 10, 2019.

1. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

A couple of years ago I tried my hand at sculpting clay onto a wire frame, which unfortunately did not work out well for me having 10 dogs and needing to be able to take the sculpture with me to be able to work on it when time allows. So enter modern technology... I bought z brush core a few months back but just sat down the past couple of weeks and I have been finding it much easier to learn then expected (although my anatomy needs work). So here i sit digitally sculpting and getting used to how the program works and slowly getting my model into shape. Im not sure if this one will be a keeper, still many more hours ahead, but it is starting to shape up...
    sculpt 1.jpg

Jason likes this.
  2. Jason

Jason Gold

Ever notice us guys are experts at T&A? Cant sculpt an arm, but we always get the important bits right!:D When sculpting a chick, remember to look at your wifes hand and not yours. Or you'll end up with a Michelle Obama hand. aka Man hand.

Keep at it David, you have more patience than I did with zbrush.

3. DavidF

im still working on the arms and chest, the other arm needs to go behind her back and have a ray gun placed in it "We come in peace" lol She will be an human like alien by the time she is all done..
    Yea I hear ya on the T&A funny how that works.... Actually its not that hard to learn z brush but there is still about 70% of the program i need to learn... another 60 or so hours on youtube should do it.. lol

butt.jpg alarasculpt.jpg

4. Jason

Jason Gold

I got frustrated.. I knew what I wanted it to do, but finding the right tool, movement or key drove me batshit. Two words for ya David...
    THIGH GAP. :D;)

5. DavidF

She is reaching out to shake your hand, being completely naked one would think that she is coming in peace to introduce herself but the gun behind her back tells a different story...
    There's adequate gapage, the pics i posted just don't show it well...

6. PatJ

PatJ Silver

One thing I have noticed about the human form is that very tiny geometric differences can make a big visual impact.
    All those tiny subtle little details do matter, and the all add up to the overall visual look of something, especially the human form.

I have also read that there are visually correct geometric proportions to the human face/form, sort of like the relationships between parts of a Greek or Roman temple, and the fact that the horizontal lines of the temple must arch upwards in order to appear visually correct.
    The columns must also have a certain taper to them to look correct, and have the correct foot and top pieces.

In today's world, there are numerous examples of photos/videos of popular (or unpopular as the case may be) people who are modified slightly.
    It does not take much pulling/stretching of features to get a totally different look/feel.

7. Zapins

Zapins Gold

She's had a spanking!
    butt.jpg

8. Jammer

Jammer Silver Banner Member

crackle-71738-1-10.jpg

That's the chick from the Orrville. Does someone have a crush?

9. Zapins

Zapins Gold

A good show, I just finished binge watching season 1 last week.

10. DavidF

Just playing with the paint feature ;)

The interesting thing is the zbrush gives you a female head to start sculpting on. So I opened up that head sculpt then imported a photo of Halston Sage (Alara from Orville) and super imposed the two for a guide to sculpt the face. Funny thing is every thing lined up. Eyes, nose, ears, smile all lined right up to a T

imposed.jpg

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  11. Jason

Jason Gold

Creepy looking chick. I'd run the other way.

12. DavidF

thats because I have the sculpt superimposed over her photo...
    alara2.jpg

13. Jason

Jason Gold

Yup.. still creepy. Lots of botox shoved in those dsl's...