Victory Brown Wax for sale - the best microcrystalline wax for modeling

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by KARLA ELY, Feb 7, 2021.

1. KARLA ELY

KARLA ELY Copper

Petroleum-based sculpting wax, this is a brown, Victory Brown Wax derivative, that is the softest of our carving waxes. This wax has a slightly sticky feel to the surface, is very easy to carve, offers a good surface finish and has superior adhesive qualities. It is most commonly used as an adhesive and sculpting wax, but can also be blended for candle-making.

I have a full, unopened case (60 lbs) as well as four 10 lb slabs (two are broken in half).

Full case is $125 plus shipping (retails at $220)

Individual slab/broken slabs are $5/lb, plus shipping.

Manufacturer is BareCo bare wax.jpg

Attached Files:

Fishers Wax Works likes this.
  2. Have you sold your wax? I am interested if not...

3. KARLA ELY

KARLA ELY Copper

I still have wax left; both the full case, and about 12lbs of the open case.

4. Give me a total for the whole thing and what shipping will be and how should I pay. My zip code is 87501

5. KARLA ELY

KARLA ELY Copper

A total for the unopened case and the "loose wax"? Will this be shipping to a business or residence? Sometimes Fedex shipping is less to a business....

6. Residence....

7. KARLA ELY

KARLA ELY Copper

If I ship 75 lbs of wax using Fedex (most cost effective), it will cost $87.26 + $200 for the wax + $287.26. If I list it on ebay for a reduced rate (to avoid fees), the shipping will be about $60 (saving you $27). If you want to do that, I will create a private listing for you and send you the link. You can pay the balance (the ebay listing will be low) via Zelle (preferable) or Paypal, using "friends and family" option. Please let me know what you would like to do.

I just contacted a fellow that purchased a case of this wax; he said that it is working very well for him - he makes small (up to 10") figures.

8. Jason

Jason Gold

9. KARLA ELY

KARLA ELY Copper

Thank you

10. Am I on for the purchase of the wax?

11. KARLA ELY

KARLA ELY Copper

I thought that you passed on it. You said "if I was near you I would buy it" in your last communication; have you changed your mind?

12. KARLA ELY

KARLA ELY Copper

My mistake - someone else said that... please give me your email address so that I can communicate with you via that - thanks!

13. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

14. KARLA ELY

KARLA ELY Copper

15. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

No, but if you used the contact button at the bottom of the page, it takes awile to be routed through the server.

16. KARLA ELY

KARLA ELY Copper

I emailed to your personal email address

17. Jason

Jason Gold

Yes, she's great with the ponies!

18. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Not 100% sure, but I think it might have been Lisa whom Karla tried emailing.

L&K, you two have already both shared your personal email addresses publicly here. Are you aware that you have the option to directly message each other here privately?

Jeff

19. Hay,if you add 1% by weight of polyethylene (look for very silky/waxy shopping bags ) & you'l get a product that makes
    victory brown look like rubbish,when it comes to carving

At 3% by weight you carn't push your finger nail into it,so go very easy on adding it..

p.s I'v sold over 1000kg (2200lb) of this mix (but use a soft yellow microcristoline as a base) all sold through a industrial art supply shop,it sold as well,if not better than victory brown..

& have found it used for bronze castings in high end galleries..

where as the part owner of this gallery,was telling me of how he hadn't done lost wax casting since his fine arts degree,& was impressed with (my) polly modded wax over V.B.

.harhar & I was in the art gallery installing phone credit machinery ,& as I was looking at the brozne casting ,I was told about this new carving wax...

Talk about circular economy..

(do not heat beyond 75°c( 167°f)
    Or it will fume off a unhealthy pong..

I have read using hot melt glue sticks will give you a machine'able wax,but you will have shinkage problems when u mix n cool it.

Ps, I hope am not interfering with Karla Ely's wax sale's ,just trying to pass on a value adding hint..

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021