Blowers

Discussion in 'Burners and their construction' started by John Homer, Apr 8, 2021.

1. John Homer

John Homer Silver

2. theroundbug

theroundbug Silver

I have a 2.5 inch model of one of those from amazon. The airflow is impressive. I am making reducers that fit the opening available for 2" and 1", as 2.5" pipe is hard to come by.

John Homer likes this.
  3. John Homer

John Homer Silver

I was just going to use a reducer with a piece of radiator hose or some type of hose that would fit on there with two radiator clamps. I haven't tried it yet but it should work.

Attached Files:

theroundbug likes this.
  4. theroundbug

theroundbug Silver

Looking good! This is where I'm at so far -
    The 1 inch pipe is choking the flow quite a bit, thinking of finding a 2 inch steel pipe but that can get pricey

IMG_6459.jpg

John Homer likes this.
  5. John Homer

John Homer Silver

6. John Homer

John Homer Silver

Attached Files:

7. Chazza

Chazza Silver

Surely automotive exhaust tubing is available in the right size?

Cheers Charlie

John Homer likes this.
  8. rocco

rocco Silver

It's commonly available in sizes from 1 1/2" to 3"I.D. in 1/4" increments, just check any local muffler shop.

9. Jason

Jason Gold

I took a look at that page and everyone of them are pretty much overkill for a furnace melting metal... . You guys realize if you have to dump or restrict 90% of your airflow you are pissing in the wind right? You'd be surprised what a 2dollar hairdryer from good will can do.

10. theroundbug

theroundbug Silver

Fixed

Hopefuldave likes this.
  11. Jason

Jason Gold

Depends on what you call little furnace. I can only think of one or two here that actually NEED the kind of air those blowers provide. This isn't the men's locker room, bigger isn't better.
    Smarter, quicker, quieter and efficient wins this game.

12. theroundbug

theroundbug Silver

Brilliant! I didn't think of that. There used to be a speed shop right next to my place where I would have gone first but now that I don't have that convenience it totally slipped my mind.