Hello from San Jose California!

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Deepeezie, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Deepeezie

Deepeezie Lead

Hello to all. My name is Paul and I will be casting aluminum and bronze and eventually iron. My goal will be to make mechanically functional parts for some products I want to sell (gears and mechanical assemblies). I have some minimal experience investment casting about 15 years ago. Still have my kiln and wax injector. Never successfully casted anything except for a single piece that I had to salvage to be functional. After a few attempts, I realized I did not have enough time or money to include it in my process for making parts. With foreign imports, it is now a must to stay competitive. Looking forward to learning and sharing along the way. Thank you.

2. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Welcome Paul,
    Although I'm a sand guy theres plenty of overlap! There are a bunch of knowledgeable investment casters here so you'll be sure to get some good direction.

Pete

Deepeezie likes this.
  3. Jason

Jason Gold

Welcome aboard. I just spent a week out in San Jose... Nice place, but your tesla drivers are morons. I picked up a real nice mitutoyo indicator near japan town off craigslist. Little 80 some year old man met me a park and looked scared shitless my wife and I were going to rob him.o_O Something tells me he's been down that road before.:confused:

Did they clean out that encampment near the airport yet?

Deepeezie likes this.
  4. Deepeezie

Deepeezie Lead

Thanks Pete and Jason for the welcome. @Jason too funny. They constantly clean those encampments and they just move around nearby. It's like musical chairs. They eventually circle back to the same place eventually. They don't want to do anything real to fix homelessness because it makes certain people too much money. Half of the allocated money goes to administrating and a unit to house a homeless person cost 250k a year. Most go unused because it can't pass inspection. Yes, Tesla drivers are morons . I have to admit though, I'll probably be one eventually in the future.

5. Jason

Jason Gold

Corruption to the CORE. I had to laugh, I turned around in an elementary school parking lot and saw the charging stations. I'm guessing why charge your car at home when you can do it on the cities dime. :rolleyes: I hear Tesla is pulling the plug out there. They are building a factory or something on I 35 near austin. It takes 5mins to drive by it doing 65. The place is friggen HUGE!