A lesson on Foundry SAFETY!

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by vincent, Aug 7, 2021.

1. vincent

vincent Silver

Are we just to0 precious!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  2. theroundbug

theroundbug Silver

I'd love to see what that thing looked like after those *ahem* pours.

3. vincent

vincent Silver

This may give you an idea how well they are made.

DaveZ likes this.
  4. theroundbug

theroundbug Silver

So the metal stays liquid in between pours?

5. amber foundry

amber foundry Copper

I wonder why I just paid over £100 for some new Chrome leather trousers and jacket when I could worked safely in just my pants, I was thinking about a new pair of boots but I'll just use flip flops now.

6. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

There is quite a mass of metal accumulating in the mold. They probably pour pretty hot and have learned to pour fast enough to get a good final result. Even on my very small aluminum and iron pours I’ve noticed the 8-ounce-volume pouring basins take a few minutes to solidify. They are pouring 100 Kg bells with probably 20 or 30 kg in each crucible. Seems to work out OK. There seems to be much we can learn from “backward” craftsmen.

Denis

7. rocco

rocco Silver

Where does one buy safety flip flops anyway?:p

8. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

At least you can gettem off quick!
    If there’s a waiting list for those jobs it might be a pretty fast moving line.

9. vincent

vincent Silver

I have pretty broad manufacturing/rural engineering/building skills and I have learnt more from craft/trade people in third world countries than I have learnt home in Australia. Back in 2012 I remember buying some fabrication tools, welder,angle grinder and bits and pieces for a young fellow in Cambodia setting up an fabrication/engineering business. A few years later I visited him to see how he was doing. He was truly a very clever young man. But he and his staff all worked on the dirt floored workshop in flip flops.