Smelko Gone!

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Patrick-C, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Patrick-C

Patrick-C Silver

I really don't know what the world is coming to. First it is me not being able to spend very much time on these forums and then it was petrobondforsale disappearing before I got any petrobond. And and now smelko is gone.... poof. And I was planning to get a lot of stuff from them like sprue cutters, and temperature monitoring equipment and so on. But just yestarday I went to get some info off of their website and all I get is a page trying to sell me the domain.:( Soo disappointing, well I will figure it out but really?
    I don't mean to complain... but... okay I do. The only thing I can fix at the moment is to start spemding some more time on here. And hopefully they will somehow come back. :)

P.s. Do any of you guys have the contact info of the petrobond for sale guy?
    Thank you, Patrick

2. Bldr J

Bldr J Copper

Don't fear! Smelko lives on...sort of. Look for Foundry Supply Source. https://foundrysupplysource.com/
    Until they find a permanent home, it's at the back of Roadstar trucking (Northeast corner door at the back)
    Foundry Supply Source
    8201 Lawson Road
    Milton, Ontario L9T 5E5
    Main number: 1 (289) 670-0840
    I've been a few times to the new location, picked up some petrobond, gloves, Mifco temp probe and a few other things.
    Short supply on their crucibles, but Gesswein by the airport has the Grobet crucibles.
    Aren't you in the US though?

3. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Go on eBay and search petrobond. He is there.

4. rocco

rocco Silver

It says Foundry Supply Source has purchased the equipment and inventory from Smelko. Smelko was well known for being friendly towards hobbyists and other small buyers, I hope that continues with the new management. Fingers crossed.

5. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Wow, that is crazy. Too bad, I had nothing but great experiences dealing with Tim Smelko.

Jeff

6. Patrick-C

Patrick-C Silver

Thank you and yes I am in the US in Idaho actually so kinda for away.

Thank you, I will go check it out.

I hope so too. Thank you guys you give me hope.
    Patrick

7. I know Gus Smelko, he used to deal in used machinery for us.