cost of RTV silicone rubber

Discussion in 'Lost wax casting' started by Mantrid, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

Just ordered some silicone rubber and was pleasantly suprised that the price is the same as the last time I purchased it many years ago. I paid £19.99/litre off ebay which also includes the postage.
    What are you all paying in other parts of the world?

2. dtsh

dtsh Silver

Last time I bought some it was a little higher than that price.....though that was in the early 90's.

3. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Silver

4. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Silver

5. I use DWR plastics in the UK, costs are in flux at the min thanks to the trainwrexit, but usually a good bit cheaper on volume than anywhere else :)

6. Rasper

Rasper Silver

Mantrid!

Where have you been? I looked for you for several years after your great mold-making posts on Alloy Avenue. Especially the horse.

I was the administrator of AA after Anon until it died, an administrator with insufficient permissions to fix it, and no communications from the forum owner for five years. I have to assume he is dead.

Richard

Tobho Mott likes this.
  7. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Not to rub salt in wound or detract from Mantrid's return, but his personal site is still alive and was updated in 2018. Still strikes me a s very strange.....

http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/

Best,
    Kelly

8. Rasper

Rasper Silver

And that update was four years ago.

9. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Yes but somebody is paying for the domain and hosting.....

Best,
    K

10. Rasper

Rasper Silver

It is, as you said, very strange. He has stopped selling books and no longer sells the furnace kits. Nothing new has been added to the site for years. Why is the site kept alive and paid for? Last I checked Alloy Avenue is still there; it is just broken, and i don't have the necessary permissions to fix it. Always before, when the site broke, I would send an e-mail to Lionel and he would fix it, but he would never reply to my e-mail. Very strange. And who is still paying for that broken site?

R

11. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

it's probably on an auto payment

12. rocco

rocco Silver

Probably correct but it also means Lionel has probably not died because, unless he'd put a specific directive in his will to keep the websites up, one of the first things any estate trustee would do is put a freeze on all bank accounts and credit cards and that would have effectively killed all his websites.

13. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

hello Richard
    I took a break from sculpting and casting. Other things got in the way. but now im back and eager to get melting. Already have a piece nearly ready for the moulding stage.
    http://forums.thehomefoundry.org/index.php?threads/coral-pinnicle-with-shark-and-conger-eel.2035/
    What have you been making in the last few years? got any links to your work?

I went to AA before coming here but is is coming up with a message
    "It appears you don't have
    permission to access this page.
    403 Error. Forbidden."