Hello from Europe

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Xellish, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Xellish

Xellish Copper

More specific Denmark.
    I've been on this site for a bit, but forgot to introduce myself.
    My name is Frederik, I'm 25 years old and I'm currently working on some lost wax casting.
    I've been casting for a long time, but never my own sculpting.
    That will hopefully change, as I'm working on an eagle that I intend to cast in tin first, then maybe move on to aluminium.

2. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome Frederik, we like pictures here so please post some as your project progresses.

Best,
    Kelly

3. Xellish

Xellish Copper

Cool, I'll look into doing that tomorrow.

4. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Welcome Frederik. I’ll be looking forward to seeing your work.

Pete

5. Xellish

Xellish Copper

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  6. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

nice. is that melted honey comb?

7. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

Welcome, Xellish. It looks like you’ve already done some good work!

Images embedded into the site are a good thing and links are OK but have a few drawbacks. You can upload images pretty easily by clicking on the “Upload Images” button and then following the prompts. It might take a couple minutes and a little experimentation. But, go ahead and give it a go. Looking forward to your future posts.

Denis

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  8. Xellish

Xellish Copper

It's actually water beads I used for the third and forth picture. I wish I could recreate the one that looks like a honey comb, but it is quite tricky.
    I can see that I was looking in the wrong place with the picture, I got it now.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      60.2 KB
      Views:
  9. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

honey comb being wax you could use it as it is. dont know where you can get it from, bees wax is usually in blocks. maybe a local bee keeper could help out

10. Xellish

Xellish Copper

I live in a part of Denmark where there are some viking and other medieval fairs, and I've definitely seen some wax candles that looks like they were pressed and rolled honey combs.

11. Melterskelter

Hey, I see you embedded a photo. Nice. Now for the De-Luxe image management, edit that post, then select "More Options", and then where you see you thumbnail the should be a button to select "Full Image". Hit that and the image will magically appear in the post where the cursor was located. Lots of folks jsut post thumbnails, but I personally like the image in the post option.

Regardless of how it is posted, the bust you did is very very nice.

Denis

12. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Silver

13. Xellish

Xellish Copper

Thanks, I found out how to "thumbnail" in new posts.
    But I can't see how to edit already made posts.

14. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

You only have a couple days in which to edit your posts.

15. Melterskelter

But since your recent post is "fresh," and if you are logged into the site, you will see an "Edit" button on a line below the post box. If you push that button, an editable box opens and there is a "more options" button below that box. Press it and you will find an "upload a file" button. Try sticking an image in there and then select "insert as a full size image." So easy to do, so hard to describe...like a lot of things.

Denis

16. Xellish

Xellish Copper

I see it now, thanks!