Bentone for sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by Mach, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Mach

Mach Silver

Organo Clay or Bentone for use in making K-Bond Sand.

Prices include USPS flat rate shipping in the US. The attached recipe calls for 6lbs of bentone per 100lbs of sand.
    3lb - $18
    6lb - $34
    10lb - $45
    15lb - $66

K-Bond is named for Kent State where it was developed by one of Tom Cobett's Students.
    It is an almost smokeless oil bonded foundry sand for casting zinc, aluminum, brass, bronze and iron.

See this link for the recipe: http://www.foundry.ray-vin.com/k-bond/k-bond.htm

See MelterSkelter's thread for his recent experience.
    http://forums.thehomefoundry.org/index.php?threads/mixing-up-k-bond-sand-similar-to-petrobond.1759/

2. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

I asked Mach about the cost to send me some across the border to play with, but he gave me some great leads instead...

I was able to track down some VG Plus thanks to Mach's legwork. Unfortunately it appears Canada is all out, but the sales guy in Calgary got his supplier to mail me a sample up from TX! Only a couple or 3 pounds though. I still need to figure out where to get the right sand anyhow, ideally from closer than Smelko's, before I can play around with it. But I'm working on that.

20211013_125054_copy_520x1040.jpg

Thanks again Mach!

Jeff

Mark's castings likes this.
  3. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

more info please??? i could not find anythin g on the BYK website

4. Mach

Mach Silver

5. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

There was a Calgary mailing address on the pic of Mach's bag of organoclay that tracked back to Schlumberger Canada, that was the company I contacted, through their website. First I tried the (local!) phone number also printed on the bag, but that turned out to be a Transport Canada gov't emergency line.

6. Bldr J

Bldr J Copper

I
    I just got a price from Brenntag for Bentone 34 $24/kg and a 50kg bag. In stock, (Mississauga) but seems a bit high. They do have the indopol though...

Minimum order of $750...all CAD.

I'm willing to put together a Canadian/GTA order if anyone's interested.

7. Mach

Mach Silver

Heads up, if you need bentone for an upcoming project, I've got 24lbs left for sale. Once its gone, I won't be getting anymore.

Pricing updated for current postal rates
    Lbs Total
    3........$21
    6........$36
    10......$47
    12......$58
    15......$67

8. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

Having bought some from Mach previously, I can say this is the real deal. I made some excellent oil-bound sand with it. His packaging is amazing and shipment prompt. I still have a fair bit and am tempted to buy more. But, I guess I will hold off.

Denis

9. BattyZ

BattyZ Silver Banner Member

Just placed an order for 30 lbs. Looks like I almost bought him out! Looking to make some 400 pounds of K-Bond sand for some bigger castings coming up.

Tops likes this.