Preserving brass

Discussion in 'Castings, finishing/ repair/ and patina's' started by Jason, May 12, 2023.

1. Jason

Jason Gold

Yeah, I used a sponge with the everbrite. Cerakote is sprayed on with a gun. It's air dry. It came from the gun world, but is now showing up everywhere else. They have a buttload of colors, clears, and from what I understand, it's tough as nails. You should see the corrosion test video. The stuff is incredible.

What clued me in to everbrite was when I didn't use gloves on an application. The stuff dries on your fingers and peels off just like mop n glo. Well, my nails are now shiny and the smell. lol. Everbrite is clear, where my PBS boot sealant and M&G is more milky looking that dries clear. BFGoodrich sells an anti ice product too. Super expensive and not any better than cheap PBS. Those guys must really be laughing all the way to the bank.

2. FishbonzWV

FishbonzWV Silver Banner Member

The can in your photo is Protectaclear. Different product than Everbrite.

3. Jason

Jason Gold

4. FishbonzWV

FishbonzWV Silver Banner Member

Says it permanent, the everbrite can be removed with alcohol.

5. Jason

Jason Gold

Alcohol? :rolleyes: Why do they advertise both products for going on a copper roof?:mad:

I've given them plenty of money, If I'm going through the ass pain of pulling this sink and going back to bare bronze, I was a coating that is at least flammable. (just don't tell my wife that one... Or she WILL lose her shit.:eek:) ((again))