Alloy Avenue?

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by rocco, May 9, 2020.

1. Rasper

Rasper Silver

It's like before when the forum has gone down. I write to Lionel and get no reply, but after a few weeks he fixes it. He has appears to have done it again. I still haven't heard from him. I'm still the administrator.

Richard

2. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Great news but we'll need Zap to weigh in......usually when a patient is down for that long there is a high risk of brain damage.....and after that long battle with photobucketcarcenoma......:confused:

Best,
    Kelly

3. Jason

Jason Gold

GOOD! I'm glad it's back. That place shows up first in search engines and kinda diverts some of the dumbassery. (Is that a word?? I don't know or care, I like it!:p)

HT1 likes this.
  4. dtsh

dtsh Silver

I prefer asshattery, it's the assosciated mental picture that really sells it. :p

HT1 and Jason like this.
  5. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Great news.

Pete

6. OMM

OMM Silver

Maybe we can make it a compound word dumb-asshattery? But come on, everybody loves A Super-Dave Osborne.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  7. Jason

Jason Gold

But But I KNOW I can melt cast iron in a flower pot! The KOR did it on YT, I Swear! You guys dont know what you are talking about!

Zapins likes this.
  8. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Confirmed photobucketcarcenoma. Dumb-asshattery.

Glad it's up again.

Time to download the forum and archive it fellas.

DavidF and Jason like this.
  9. rocco

rocco Silver

Some new problems, now when I try to open a thread, I get.
    It appears you don't have
    permission to access this page.

403 Error. Forbidden.

10. Jason

Jason Gold

11. rocco

rocco Silver

12. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Huh, same problem here.

13. rocco

rocco Silver

Your post at 9:39am this morning is the most recent post so whatever happened, must have happened shortly there after.

Looking a little closer, the search functions are available but the posts are not.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  14. Jason

Jason Gold

Good job Columbo!;)

1 ZJL0iLvbm-f6dzAI28KIyw.jpeg

15. rocco

rocco Silver

Hi guys, I just discovered something weird while searching for a link to the AA members google map, AA posts are still readable in text format for example this link to the text version of a thread works http://www.alloyavenue.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-3723.html but, this link to the full version of the same thread does not work http://www.alloyavenue.com/vb/showthread.php?3723-Google-Map-of-BYMC-Members&highlight=member+map
    Of course, the text threads don't show any images but if the images are externally hosted, the url of the image is shown and cut and paste that into a new browser window and for internally linked images, it shows the attachment id number they can still be viewed for example www.alloyavenue.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=24569 just change the id number in this link to view any attached image.
    Viewing threads like this is a major pain but at least the information isn't totally lost.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    Tobho Mott likes this.
  16. rocco

rocco Silver

This is an addendum to my previous post, I was doing a google search today and one of the link was to an AA thread but the link was a little different than other AA links I'd seen, it was a link to the printable version of a thread, clicked on it and miracle of miracles, it opened, it works similarly to the text forum link I'd posted earlier except that the links in the post remain in tact which makes it much less of a pain to review threads. As an example here's the Youtube winner's thread: http://www.alloyavenue.com/vb/printthread.php?t=10719, it's less than ideal but at least it's not a huge pita to view.

I find this all a little bit frustrating, everything is still there, the threads, the attachments, the links, everything. If someone who knows what they're doing could just get unrestricted administrator access, it seems to me it shouldn't take too much to get it up and running properly.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Tobho Mott likes this.
  17. Jason

Jason Gold

That thread was EPIC if I do say so myself!;):D:p

18. rocco

rocco Silver

I agree, that's why I chose it as my example!

19. rocco

rocco Silver

Not that anybody cares anymore but I noticed that AA is now F'd up in a very different and worse way, I wonder if that means someone's actually working on it?.

20. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

I still check too, and noticed the same thing last night. Hope so!

Jeff